We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

statue of liberty-best view

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
statue of liberty-best view

Which offers the best view of the SOL? Circle Line sightseeing cruises which are $39 per person and 2.5 hours long or the Staten Island ferry? I am just wanting to get some good views and pictures passing by. Thanks

New York City
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: statue of liberty-best view

Circle Line gives you nice views not just of SOL but of other landmarks around the city. if time and money arent an issue.Its not bad.Not sure if its worth $39 though. SIF should be just fine

New York City
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: statue of liberty-best view

I dont know when you are coming, but if you come during the summer, there is a great view from Governors Island and the ferry there is Free

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: statue of liberty-best view

Nywatertaxi.com

has a statue express trip.

Smithfield, Virginia
Level Contributor
429 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: statue of liberty-best view

I've researched this a lot and it seems that the Statue of Liberty Express is fastest and closest, but it still costs more than just riding the SOL ferry.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: statue of liberty-best view

I will be arriving on April 16-21. I will look at some of the other options mentioned. Thanks

Benfleet, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: statue of liberty-best view

There is a Groupon for the NY watertaxi - but it ends today so be quick. I have purchased 2 for a ride on the Zephyr yacht on the SOL express trip in April. $16 each.

Smithfield, Virginia
Level Contributor
429 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: statue of liberty-best view

I cannot find the Groupon. Can you post a link?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: statue of liberty-best view

www.groupon.com/deals/new-york-water-taxi-20…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: statue of liberty-best view

The ferry to Governors Island will operate daily this year from late May to September and will cost $2 per ride except Sat and Sun mornings when it will be free. There will no longer be a charge for bikes I believe.

10. Re: statue of liberty-best view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 31, 2015