We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macy's Flower Show

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,264 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Macy's Flower Show

Your opinion please. I am not a shopper so going to a department store, especially one which has a branch very near my home is usually not of interest.

However, I see that Macy's is advertising a flower show in their main store. Is it worth a trip in your opinion? I'm not a gardener but with the rough winter, I was thinking it might be just the ticket.

Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,709 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macy's Flower Show

Do a google search of photos from previous years and see what you think. It's not a huge investment of time (and no money) to have a look see. Go at a time when the store is least crowded.

New York City
Level Contributor
5,366 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macy's Flower Show

Ive gone every year to the Flower Show, Its pretty nice and its Free .

If you are in the city and looking for something to do, Id recommend it, if you are going to make a special trip, I wouldnt bother

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,264 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Macy's Flower Show

I'm in NYC for a theater/museum weekend. Since one of "my" museums is the Morgan Library & Museum, I'm not that far from Macy's. Perhaps I will do the store at the beginning of the day & the museum after since it opens a bit later.

Thanks to both of you for the thoughts.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macy's Flower Show

I went to Macy's this Saturday and it was covered in flowers .. with people taking pictured everywhere...

Considering i am not a big fan of Macy's it was pretty cool actually.

New York City
Level Contributor
5,366 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Macy's Flower Show

you can see it in 30 mins or so. If its extra time and wont discourage anything else, nothing wrong with it.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Macy's Flower Show

I'm in New York now staying a few blocks north of Macy's. I've browsed through the flower show twice and it's really lovely. Maybe because the temps have been 30s and 40s this week, it has been especially nice to see thousands of fresh flowers in bloom on display. The theme this year is "Secret Garden". It's worth a visit but go earlier in the day if possible. People are everywhere taking pictures! Store opens at 9:00 every day so go near that time if you can.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,264 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Macy's Flower Show

I will be going in a bit. I have a sore knee but I think this show and the Morgan Library should be OK.

Ill post a trip report when I get back home and can use a desk top computer.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,264 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Macy's Flower Show

In case someone uses this post for info the show is on the Broadway side of the store. Don't forget the windows. There are tours for free every 30 minutes but they tend to be mobbed. Go up the stairs to the mezzanine for more flowers (not on tour) & for a good view of the flowers. They are elevated about 6 foot up

Close Sunday.

9. Re: Macy's Flower Show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 06, 2015