We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather & clothing

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Weather & clothing

Hi,

We fly out to NYC on the 27th May - 3rd June (9 weeks on Tuesday to be precise eeeeek:D). I'm just wondering what kind of temperatures to prepare for? I was mostly going to pack a few cami dresses & maybe a few cardigans? Not sure if it will be too got though?

Thanks for any info

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather & clothing

We're flying out on 25th May to 4th June and we too are interested in what clothes to take, hopefully will get away with light clothes and maybe a cover up. This way the cases will be light to stack more shopping in on the route home!!

I googled 'weather in new york in May' and got a link to trip advisor's weather forecast which gives you average temps, rain fall, whats on, what to wear and things to do. Apparently this is the best time to visit due to the great weather!!!

We cannot wait either!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,676 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather & clothing

The weather can be a bit variable at that time of year. For example, last year on May 25th we had a high of 54 degrees and on May 30th it got up to 90 degrees. That's not a typo - it went from 54 to 90 in 5 days.

You won't freeze, but you may need jeans and even a light jacket vs. summer dresses.

All you can do it keep your eye on the weather forecast as the date of your trip nears and then pack accordingly just a couple of days before you fly.

Have a good trip!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather & clothing

Thanks for the info will pack a mixture then:) but not packing too much so I can shop until my hearts content when I'm there!!

Hope you have a great time, I'm counting down the days:)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather & clothing

Take layers, could be cold, could be hot. But above all take comfortable shoes. Seriously, this is the most important advice for visitors. New York is best understood by walking through the neighborhoods. Make sure your shoes are comfortable during the day, dress up a bit at night for dinner or a show.

5. Re: Weather & clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:31 am, March 24, 2015