We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Photos - snow, trees, lights and food

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,152 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Photos - snow, trees, lights and food

These are my photos from my December trip. There are two sets, the first one has 189 photos and the second set has 115 photos.

I have added captions to the photos, just hover your cursor at the bottom of each photo. The photos are in chronological order of my trip and tie in with my trip report.

Hope you enjoy!

http://tinyurl.com/lolwxa8

And this is a link to my trip report : tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k7057…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Photos - snow, trees, lights and food

Very cool set of pictures ( albeit looks very very cold ) LOL ,very well done,what did strike me as very ironic was that only yesterday I was looking at the 9/11 sight and navigated my way to find where "Betty ong" engravement was at the memorial ,I remembered her voice in one of the documentaries on 9/11,she so so brave to make those calls at the time ,but your pics are very inspiring and maybe after my visit in may I should look at returning for a white Xmas,thanks for sharing cheers john

Launceston...
Level Contributor
283 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Photos - snow, trees, lights and food

Oh my, where do I start, your photos are just wonderful, amazing.

You have captured so much, I shall be going back and looking and looking,again and again.

Brilliant Aynat, just brilliant

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Photos - snow, trees, lights and food

Thanks Aynat....they are just wonderful....

Scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Photos - snow, trees, lights and food

Fantastic photos - thank you for sharing. I just love the tree in the arch at Washington Square Park, fab!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
10,764 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Photos - snow, trees, lights and food

Interesting that Aussies think that 29 degrees Fahrenheit is very cold!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Photos - snow, trees, lights and food

Thanks for posting these! The Greenwich Village ones are beautiful, but they all are. The Washington Square Park Christmas tree at night pix are gorgeous.

A few notes on the captions:

". . . not sure of the correct name for these buildings?" The ones in the foreground are courthouses; the tall tower in the back (with the gold statue on top) belongs to the municipal building (seen in the sunset view).

The Freedom Tower is actually named 1 World Trade Center.

Those red berries outside the library aren't holly, but I can't remember what they are called. Holly is more like a big bush or small tree.

That first pic of Central Park in the snow looks like one of those old Dutch paintings!

Edited: 4:59 pm, January 11, 2014
Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Photos - snow, trees, lights and food

Need a like button here.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
465 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Photos - snow, trees, lights and food

Great photos Aynat! The amount of homes I walked passed as well during my stay in Greenwich a Village & thought to myself, "if only I lived in one of these"....ahh one can only dream.

Also a quick note, in your first album, page 3 first pic, I'm pretty sure that is the Municipal Building. I have a pic of it too just from a different angle.

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,877 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Photos - snow, trees, lights and food

Wow! LOVED your pics! For those of us who haven't visited during the holiday season, it was wonderful to see what the city looks like. The decorations in the Time Warner Building were especially beautiful :))

Thank you so much for sharing!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,152 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Photos - snow, trees, lights and food

Thanks everyone. Especially for the corrections to the captions. I'll update them.

NYC in the Holiday season is magical. Everyone should see it at least once.

Auden, 29F is very cold to us. But I know it gets a lot colder than that.