We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice for newbie

Bristol, Vermont
9 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary advice for newbie

I booked the Warwick Hotel for 11 year old daughter and me for end of January for one night. We will have two full days in NYC after a short flight from Vermont. I bought tickets for sat 8pm show of Matilda. My daughter has said she wants to see tenement museum....she loves living history museums. She also wants to see 9/11 memorial and we both want to stroll through Central Park. She would love Ellen's stardust diner...and a bonus is they have gluten free options for me.

Does anyone have any ideas of what else to see, places to eat....not fancy... or how to organize our wish list? And I was planning on subway for transport once away from the airport. What should we use to get from airport to hotel? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Vermont
United States
Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
509 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice for newbie

Since you'll be up by Central Park, have you thought of going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art ,the American Museum of Natural History or the New-York Historical Society? All of them are off the Park. There are other museums nearby also.

Seattle
Level Contributor
619 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice for newbie

To get transportation advice from the airport, you need to say which airport.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
16,491 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary advice for newbie

Museum of City of New York

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Bristol, Vermont
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary advice for newbie

Sorry....jfk

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary advice for newbie

Matilda--YAY BALDWIN!! Your daughter will LOVE it! You too!! It's the BEST! We need more clever girls like Matilda...and your daughter....

Have you considered American Girl Place. www.americangirl.com/stores/location_ny.php

2 great Mom-and-daughter places to consider:

Alice's Tea Cup for lunch or a snack? (Alice-in-Wonderland motif, 3 locations). http://www.alicesteacup.com/

Tea at Sarabeth's Kitchen? (5 locations, Central Park South in particular--homey fresh-based wholesome--a/k/a yummy) http://www.sarabeth.com/

Have a great time!

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary advice for newbie

Your daughter is looking forward to the Tenement Museum. Would she also be interested in Ellis Island (and the Statue of Liberty?)

7. Re: Itinerary advice for newbie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 01, 2015