We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas Eve

Kirkop, Malta
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Xmas Eve

Any recommendations how to spend Xmas Eve in New York? We are a couple from Europe and will be spending our honeymoon there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas Eve

Dinner? Trip to Dyker Heights to see the Christmas lights? Walk by the store window displays?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas Eve

Last minute stop at the Xmas markets(Union Square, etc.)

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,771 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas Eve

Book a romantic dinner, take a stroll to see holiday window displays, go to the holiday market at Bryant Park. Go ice skating (Wollman Rink in Central Park, Bryant Park, Rockefeller Center). Go to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular show (last show is at 4:30pm). Stop by Rock Center to see the tree and skaters, 6pm Christmas caroling at Washington Square Park.

During Christmas Eve Day, most things are open, including museums. Some restaurants and shops will close early (mid-afternoon). Many Broadway shows are dark, but a few have 2pm matinees instead of the usual nighttime show.

New York City
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas Eve

Met museum for the Napolitan Chistmas tree, stroll through Central Park, Christmas windows (I think bergdorfs are the best)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,942 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas Eve

Carolling in Washington Square Park or Gramercy Park, a nice dinner and a late church service.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xmas Eve

I second nywhiz's suggestion of Caroling. You'll be with locals in two beautiful parks. My super is from Malta as are a lot of the people who work in the neighborhood. I think their major community center is in Queens but you are here on your honeymoon. You need to be enjoying NY with locals. (Apologies to TA - this post is from last year but the details are the same and it it hard to find from the top of the blog).

…typepad.com/explorenyc/2012/12/dec-24-2012-…

Kirkop, Malta
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xmas Eve

Thanks all for your suggestions!! We will probably be going to the Wollman Rink and Central Park area.

8. Re: Xmas Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 21, 2014