We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rock Tree - access

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
652 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rock Tree - access

I'd like to go see the Tree tonight and I've read a bit into it all - apologies I cannot find the answers on here already.

So I didn't want to be waiting in the crowds and would just love to get a couple of pictures of it tonight as we go home tomorrow. We had planned on walking up around 11pm but I've seen online that the street is closed from 3pm-11pm. I've also seen that the lights get switched off at 11.30pm - is this true and if so is it pretty doable for me to get close to it within that half hour window or will others have the same idea and it be pretty congested.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
652 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rock Tree - access

I know that the Tree is not on a street - 3rd visit to your beautiful city and never get bored of it. I just wasn't sure of the access and all that.

The Thanksgiving parade was something else last week. We managed to get a spot - probably by fluke. Not the best spot but I could still see the Balloons.

Central Village...
Level Contributor
18,036 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Rock Tree - access

Just watched the NBC Tree lighting special - ended at 9PM - would think most of the crowd has gone home or wherever - however, during the holidays, R. Plaza is always very busy.......

Hope you get to see and enjoy the tree..........and you don't have to admonish ztaks - she was just trying to clarify the street situation........

PS - the tree is from Connecticut!

Mentioned in this post
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,569 Reviews
New York City, NY
Connecticut
Connecticut
United States
Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
652 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rock Tree - access

Just read my previous post - sorry it did look a bit narky. I apologise. Not how it was meant to come out.

Heading up now :)

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
652 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rock Tree - access

It wasn't all too bad up there. Got up just after 11pm and it was a little crowded. Took a few pics from the other side of the street then went over to it. The barricade was at street level so unable to get any closer but a queue for 5 mins and we got in for pics.

Thanks again everyone. Do I have to go home tomorrow???

15. Re: Rock Tree - access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 06, 2014