We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shake Shack lines...

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Shake Shack lines...

Have I just read correctly that there's pretty much always an hour-long line at the Madison Square Park Shake Shack location?

Thank you.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shake Shack lines...

No

Sometimes it is not that long...but at times it is lengthy. Don't feel that you have to eat at that one. There are other locations....

Edited: 6:54 am, November 30, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shake Shack lines...

I can't imagine the line being anywhere near one hour during (winter) this time of year or anyone wanting to eat outside in the snow.

Schnipper's, just a short walk away at 23 E 23rd might do you better. Similar in quality and type of cuisine, plus they have a large indoor eating area. Shake Shack is a fine value but waaay overated in my book.

http://www.schnippers.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shake Shack lines...

Thank you.

Quite honestly I'm not totally sure I need to eat a Shake Shack burger anyway but if I decide that's not the case I will probably want to get one from the original location. I'll just pick a sensible time to go.

ta
Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shake Shack lines...

HEY LDN!

I was there (walking to Eataly (highly recommend the stand up cheese board area ) a week ago on Monday night at 830 and it was packed . Probably around a 30 minute wait. If you go during the afternoon or weekend its almost a guaranteed hour and if its the summer...forget about it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shake Shack lines...

We're going in February so I suspect that'll improve our chances of shorter queues.

East Coast
Level Contributor
296 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shake Shack lines...

New Shake Shacks have opened up all over NY, so I haven't found the lines at the original as long as in past years. I do understand the appeal of going to the original location, as the others don't have the same feeling.

You can monitor the line on a webcam: shakeshack.com/location/…shack-cam

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shake Shack lines...

Thank you. Clever idea.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shake Shack lines...

What's so great about Shake Shack? Last time I was in the City, saw the lines and said no way. Curious....

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shake Shack lines...

It's popular.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shake Shack lines...

Try going to the new Shake Shack location in the lower level of Grand Central Terminal. If you do have to wait in line, at least your indoors.