We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gramercy Park Carols

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Gramercy Park Carols

We ( family of 9, aged 7 to 79) are heading to the carols on Christmas Eve. We had planned to eat afterwards but the restaurants we have tried to book are closed. Can anyone tell me whether there are food stalls at the carols - easy solution or recommend nice casual family restaurant either close by or near our hotel Tyrp by Wyndham, kids are a little fussy as is grandad, but Italian, Mexican or Chinese would suit, or a diner. Finally any idea if Empire State Building is likely to be very busy on Xmas day, thanks.

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,240 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Trade Center...
551 Reviews
from $34.00*
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10,471 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gramercy Park Carols

Bump

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gramercy Park Carols

I would consider eating in Koreatown for a big family style dinner but I'm sure I posted this when you asked another time (or maybe not). There are several restaurants there and everyone on this forum has a different favorite but the one I go to with my great nieces and nephews is....

…typepad.com/explorenyc/2012/07/summer-2012-…

I will most likely be caroling at both Wash Sq and Gramercy Park but can't join you for dinner because I will be doing volunteer work with me synagogue that evening.

…typepad.com/explorenyc/2012/12/dec-24-2012-…

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gramercy Park Carols

We went up the Empire state building back in 2009 on the afternoon of xmas day and it was super busy. By the time we got tickets and then got through the line for security and the lift I would say it prob took a good 2 hours.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,233 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gramercy Park Carols

Did you look on OpenTable? Narrow your search specifically to the Gramercy/Flatiron and Union Square neighborhoods:

www.opentable.com/new-york-city-restaurants

I looked for tables for 9 people at 7:30 pm on Christmas Eve and 25 restaurants came up. When I looked for a table for 6 people, 57 restaurants came up, and several of those look more interesting to me. If a place you prefer only comes up for 6 people and not 9, it's worth contacting them directly to see if they can accommodate a larger party.

Good luck and have fun!

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gramercy Park Carols

So who is coming caroling at Washington Square and/or Gramercy Park this year. It is getting to be a habit with me. If any of you want to join me and meet other TA people here are the details.

…typepad.com/explorenyc/2013/12/christmas-ev…

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gramercy Park Carols

Off to Molly's for a cupcake before caroling. Hope to spot some of you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gramercy Park Carols

Had a great time at the carols tonight, thank you everyone for your help and suggestions

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16,596 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gramercy Park Carols

Our version of Christmas Eve Carols was the beautiful children's pageant reenacting the Christmas Story at St. Joseph's Church in Greenwich Village. Beautifully executed byt he kids accompanied by a magnificent choir. Not quite Gramercy, but does two blocks off Washington Square Park qualify?

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gramercy Park Carols

Where did you eat Sarah? Turns out Molly's was closed.

Pageant sounded great too

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16,596 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gramercy Park Carols

Yes, some 25 angels with silver halos and glitter wings, so surreal and so adorable at the same time.