We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What day is the parade St Patricks Day 2014?

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
555 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
What day is the parade St Patricks Day 2014?

Im flying Ireland-NY for St Patricks Day and arrive in on the night of Saturday 15th.

My friend thinks we're gonna miss the parade but Ive seen 2 websites saying that the parade will be on March 17th...Im confused,anyone know what date its actually on?

London, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What day is the parade St Patricks Day 2014?

Most of the sites I can see say its Monday 17th. From what I read online, if St Patricks Day is a Sunday, they hold the parade on a Saturday, but it definitely looks like Monday next year. You could email the official website to be sure: nycstpatricksparade.org/contact-us.html

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
555 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What day is the parade St Patricks Day 2014?

Yes, I found the same when I googled it. One page said it was Saturday 15th, another said Sunday 16th and another said Monday 17th so Im very confused!

Ive emailed that link, thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What day is the parade St Patricks Day 2014?

Great, let us know what you find out! I will be there myself from the 13th and I have an event on the weekend, so I thought I might miss the parade, but it sounds like I may not... :-)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,763 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What day is the parade St Patricks Day 2014?

"You could email the official website to be sure: "

That same official website clearly shows the parade date as being on Monday March 17th.

London, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What day is the parade St Patricks Day 2014?

Thanks Irishfan, didn't even see that! All that green made my eyes sore... :-)

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What day is the parade St Patricks Day 2014?

UFB - how could anyone checking on the St. Patrick's Day parade website miss he date of the parade this year;

Monday, March 17, 2014...........well if they were surfing the web after a few pints I guess that could be an excuse.

London, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What day is the parade St Patricks Day 2014?

It was late at night Poppa, that's my only excuse... That, and the fact that white serif type reversed out of transparent green over an image didn't really jump out on my iPad :-)

Liverpool, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What day is the parade St Patricks Day 2014?

Defo Monday 17th 1100hrs 44th and fifth avenue to start!

9. Re: What day is the parade St Patricks Day 2014?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:00 pm, February 27, 2014
10. Re: What day is the parade St Patricks Day 2014?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 28, 2015