We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats your perfect day in NYC?

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Whats your perfect day in NYC?

Simple question...... What would be your perfect day in New York City?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,829 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats your perfect day in NYC?

Stay in a hotel with a frig and coffee maker so I can have breakfast in the room while I get ready.

Take a long walk for exercise.

Visit a special exhibit at a museum.

Have lunch.

Go to a theater matinee.

Do some window shopping.

Go to dinner at an ethnic restaurant on 9th Ave

Go to an evening theater performance.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,583 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats your perfect day in NYC?

Mines a bit more generic: sunny weather, no crowds (as if), easy walking, fast transport, good food, a few drinks, a bit of entertainment. If I get most of those I'm very happy.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats your perfect day in NYC?

Drink Sangria in the park

And then later when it gets dark, we go home (stopping off for some Juniors cheesecake and a Manhattan cocktail).

Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats your perfect day in NYC?

Pancakes for breakfast at Clinton Street baking co, exploring Greenwich Village, Pizza or falafel for lunch Dumbo then either a show or a coffee-house concert in the evening followed by supper of a yummy dessert probably cheesecake, then a night-time ride on the Staten Island Ferry, we did a day similar to this last visit and it has wonderful memories.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats your perfect day in NYC?

Biking with friends around a neighborhood that I do not often get to. Stopping for food and making a discovery. Then back home, stopping at a bar from some Captain Lawrence Smoked Porter.

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats your perfect day in NYC?

I had what I would consider one of my 'perfect days' in the city just the other week, it was actually more of an afternoon evening, as we got the bus there at 12, arriving just after 1pm.

Most of the afternoon and evening involved doing just 2 things - using our membership to skip lines and go into MOMA for a wonder around (spent most of it in the packed Rene Magritte exhibition!). Then a Rangers game at the Garden.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats your perfect day in NYC?

A perfect day, weather permitting, would be a long walk along Madison avenue starting at 90 th Street and ending in Union Square or beyond. New York is a wonderful walking city..perfect for window shopping and people watching.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats your perfect day in NYC?

It must include Central Park. It might include prix fixe lunch at top restaurant (many have reasonable prices at lunch). Window shopping (takes less time and better on pocketbook). Staten Island ferry ride or Brooklyn Bridge walk. Evening show, perhaps dance or opera at at Lincoln Center.

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats your perfect day in NYC?

I could tell you about a great day I had about a year ago on a nice August day..

walked up from Port Authority, up Fifth, and hung out in Central Park along the mall and people watched. Then went to the Met to go up to the Roof Garden for a bit. Then the subway down to City Hall, walked over the Brooklyn Bridge, and watched the sunset from Brooklyn Heights. Then back up to Times Square before I left for the day. I love the lights at night and watching all the tourists from all over in awe.

That's a warm weather day. Cold weather: probably a brisk walk Central Park, a few hours either at MET or MOMA (don't like being indoors when the weather is nice). Then get hot apple cider and watch the skaters at Bryant Park or Rock Center.

And yes..Im a walker

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Whats your perfect day in NYC?

Not going to Woodbury Commons!