We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice updated

Birmingham
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Advice updated

Hi Everyone

Updated itinerary please give me your thoughts is it to much am I all over the place etc...

Just a note we have done Statue of Liberty and TOTR on our last trip which is why it's not on the list.

Wed 27th Nov.

Arrive hotel about 2.30ish London NYC

Head out at about 4ish to Bryant Park Christmas Market

Times Square general wonder around

Johns pizzeria - early casual dinner

Rum House for a drink then early night!

Thursday 28th Nov

Parade - will get there around 7-8am i know we will not get a great view but more about the general atmosphere will watch Central Park west.

Walk Central Park / ice skate

Holiday windows

Empire State Building

Early diner at pre booked restaurant yet to be decided possible Bar American/Drinksnat flute if it's open?

Fri 29th Nov

9am breakfast at Sarabeths south table booked

Bloomingdales, Head down to Saks Tiffany's etc want to sample Black Friday but are going to see how manic it is.

New York Public library

Could we add another site in here if shopping is to mad any suggestions?

Early dinner at La Marrissa 5.30pm

Show - book of Mormon tickets booked

Sat 30th Nov

11am world trade centre memorial - pre booked tickets

Trinity Church

Century 21

Brooklyn Bridge

Head back up to Soho shopping various stores(we have to go to Flight club my husband is a massive sneaker fan).

Dinner Quality Meats 8.30pm booked

Sun 1st Dec

Head down to Flatiron

Union Square

Katz deli

Little Italy

China Town

Dinner 8.00 pm Toloache booked

Mon 2nd Dec

A little more shopping Madison Ave etc

Grand Central / Christmas Market

Burger Joint at Le Parker about 3 pm I believe this is a good time.

Anything else not done or suggestions

Back to hotel 6pm make way to airport unfortunately as I know I will want to leave!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Advice updated

You might want to switch up Saturday and Sunday a bit...

You've already booked the 9/11 Memorial on Saturday morning, but then - after doing your Financial District sightseeing and walking the Brooklyn Bridge - I'd suggest heading straight up to Union Square. There is a holiday market at Union Square (much like the others you're planning to visit) but there is also a greenmarket four days a week...not on Sunday, but Saturday is the biggest market day. (Note: the greenmarket starts closing up around 4 pm).

From Union Square you can head 6 blocks up Broadway to Madison Square Park and the Flatiron Building, and then back up to Midtown for your dinner.

On Sunday my advice would be to start with Chinatown and Little Italy, then go to to the Lower East Side for lunch at Katz's, and then head into SoHo for your shopping. That way you do the shopping last and can go straight back to your hotel with the bags from SoHo, freshen up, and head out to your dinner in Midtown.

Have fun!

Edited: 2:08 pm, November 08, 2013
Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Advice updated

Oy vey!

Have fun!

San Frantastic
Level Contributor
947 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Advice updated

If the Black Friday shopping is too hectic, I suggest the High Line. Of course, that could also be jam-packed with other people who have the same idea, but maybe not.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Advice updated

Thank you for your advice it's appreciated...I will check out the high line location. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,151 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Advice updated

Don't forget to add St Paul's Chapel as well when you visit the 9/11 Memorial and Trinity Church.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,151 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Advice updated

Re Grand Central Terminal...

We loved the audio tour of the terminal for which you can hire a gadget from the kiosk (or you can download it to your smart phone for less $$$ again)... grandcentralterminal.com/info/audiotour.cfm ...

Don't miss the Whispering Wall (outside the Oyster Bar), the Transit shop/museum with the huge Christmas railway (western end) and the gorgeous market (Eastern end). This one is the food market and is there all the time. It is different to the Christmas Fair (near 42nd Street).

There is a food hall on the Lower Concourse of Grand Central Terminal (and the Oyster Bar).

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
509 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary Advice updated

There's also going to be a holiday market right behind the NY Public Library, in Bryant Park.

8. Re: Itinerary Advice updated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 10, 2014