We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten Free Dining in and around Times Square

Dayton, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten Free Dining in and around Times Square

I am taking a day trip to New York City in December and need to find gluten free lunch and dinner options. I am pretty sensitive so cross contamination is an issue meaning most pizza places are out even if they offer GF options. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten Free Dining in and around Times Square

Why not do a GOOGLE search for this information - just type in this thread title and I'll bet you receive lots of options!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,732 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten Free Dining in and around Times Square

This is a recent post on gluten free dining....looks like there's some links on there that you could narrow down the choice to that specific area of Manhattan:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k6748…

New York
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten Free Dining in and around Times Square

hi AthenaD, I have Celiac, and my favorite options by Times Square are Nizza (www.nizzanyc.com) and 5 Napkin Burger (www.5napkinburger.com). It isn't listed on their website, but 5 Napkin Burger carries GF buns and they make their fries in a fries-only fryer, so they're safe from cross-contamination. Counter Burger (www.thecounterburger.com) also carries GF buns.

4. Re: Gluten Free Dining in and around Times Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:35 pm, November 01, 2013
Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,428 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten Free Dining in and around Times Square

Hi. I have celiac, too.

5 Napkin Burger is a great suggestion - they're VERY gf aware.

Schnipper's (40th and 8th) is also GF aware, they have GF buns and do corn crusted chicken fingers to die for.

Shake Shack, and in face all Danny Meyer restaurants, are GF aware but don't go the extra mile. You can get a burger as a lettuce wrap, but you can't eat the fries. At Schnipper's you can eat the fries. Yay, fries.

Tell me if you'd like to know about any other neighborhoods.

6. Re: Gluten Free Dining in and around Times Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, November 02, 2014