We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard or deluxe????

Washington
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Standard or deluxe????

We are hoping to stay at the Hilton Garden hotel in Times Square but can't decide whether to book standard or deluxe rooms with 2 x double/queen beds.

What exactly (apart from the price), is the difference between standard and deluxe??

(due to the party travelling, we do need the two double/queen beds per rooom), honest advice required please.

Also can you buy breakfast at this hotel and if so, how much is it per person?.

New York
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Standard or deluxe????

Read this Guest Rooms description page on the HGI's own web site & you'll see the only difference at this hotel is that the "deluxe" rooms are on the higher floors:

…hilton.com/en/…rooms.html

Seattle
Level Contributor
623 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Standard or deluxe????

We stayed in a Deluxe 2 Queen room and I agree that the only difference between the two is that the Deluxe are on a higher floor. I liked being higher as I think it may have been quieter than being down closer to the street. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,090 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Standard or deluxe????

You can book a bed and breakfast rate on their website for breakfast. But given how inexpensive breakfast is here and how many great places are around, I wouldnt pay more for b/f. There are some hotels that normally include it. I think the Hampton Inn Times Square north does and is very close to the HGI TS.

Washington
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Standard or deluxe????

Thanks to you all for your quick response. I have read the room descriptions on the HGI website but to be honest, could not see any real difference.

From your responses the difference could be the higher floor aspect - it could also be a tad quieter with the slight possibility of a bit of a view over the river.

Totally agree with nywhiz that breakfast is inexpensive outside of the hotel, if not at a diner or cafe certainly buying cereal, milk, orange juice etc at the supermarket and eating it in your room

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
18,724 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Standard or deluxe????

Oyster.com has some photos and a good description of the rooms.

oyster.com/new-york-city/…

6. Re: Standard or deluxe????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 17, 2014