We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon tea update

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
31 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon tea update

After asking for suggestions on the forum we duly arrived at the Crosby Street Hotel for afternoon tea. Thank you Kateoz for the suggestion, we had a lovely time. We were early and, as it was a beautiful day, we sat out in the courtyard and had a glass of wine. There were 6 of us and we were seated at a very nice round table where we could all chat. The service and the food were excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending this to others. The hotel itself is very stylish and I really wanted to take home one of the Beano dogs in the reception area. My original choice was the Plaza and we actually went there later in the holiday for a cocktail just to say we had been. We looked in the Palm Court and there was only one group having tea and they looked very lonely! The cocktail was lovely though.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon tea update

I had looked at afternoon tea at the Plaza but after reading this think we'll just stick to cocktails! Thanks for this very helpful!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,415 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon tea update

Oh that's really sad for the people at the Plaza having afternoon tea.

I'm glad you had a lovely time (and reported back too!). Another place to add to my list for recommendations for 'afternoon tea'.

haz, there's a lot of places to go for afternoon tea if you're interested in doing that. If you want to see what was suggested. the thread is from August...click on nancymay's name and a list of her posts will come up and click on the earliest on her list called Re: afternoon tea .

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon tea update

Thanks for the report back - very glad you enjoyed it.

4. Re: Afternoon tea update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 16, 2014