We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday Afternoon Free

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
133 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday Afternoon Free

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well with everyone. We arrive in NYC on November 30th on Saturday morning and should arrive to the hotel around lunchtime. We have dinner plans around 7pm. Both of us have been to the city before but instead of wasting a day just aimlessly walking around - is there anything to do for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon? eg a food market etc? just to fill the gap for a few hours?

Nothing really touristy

Thanks a million

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,402 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday Afternoon Free

That is the Sat. of Thanksgiving day weekend. The city will be mobbed. The Xmas decorations will be up. Holiday markets will have started. You will be spoiled for choice.

brooklynflea.com

is always open on Sats. with lots of food option. Here's a list of xmas markets from last year

timeout.com/newyork/shopping/holiday-markets…

A walk on the High Line and a visit to Chelsea Market is another idea.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
133 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday Afternoon Free

Oh wow .. thanks a million .. that sounds great!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday Afternoon Free

Note for the Brooklyn Flea....you will need to go to the "winter" location during your visit. The Williamsburg Savings Bank/One Hanson Place(which is in Fort Greene..not Williamsburg) is where the Brooklyn location is usually held.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,456 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday Afternoon Free

Here's some information regarding Manhattan holidays markets, ice skating, etc:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k6839890…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
244 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday Afternoon Free

I stumbled across a great street market on Broadway near NYU recently. I also enjoyed the Strand bookstore where I was able to find some great old books for a cheap price.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
133 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saturday Afternoon Free

Guys thanks a million for all your help!

7. Re: Saturday Afternoon Free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 05, 2014