We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with kids/janaury 2014

Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with kids/janaury 2014

Hi

Looking for advise. Have to be nyc a few times but only for shopping and never really with the small one. She is now older (4) and we are looking for a hotel in nyc that is close to everything,and very new yorkish if that is the word. My hubby first time and would love to book something special as 2 kids/aged 4 and 14/ and would love a hotel that is really special. any advise. going early janaury 9th for 4 nights. budget 500 or so a night. usd

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
103,986 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with kids/janaury 2014

Normally I wouldn't recommend staying in Times Square with a 4 yr old, but given the 14 yr old and your request for something NY-y, the Doubletree Guest Suites in Times Square sounds like one good option. It's all 1 bedroom suites. You could get either a king bed in the bedroom and use the sofabed for the 14 yr old or they come with 2 double beds in the bedroom plus sofabed. Some of the rooms have great views. Having a separate sitting room also allows putting the 4 yr old to bed earlier. AKA suites is another option either in Times Square or there's one closer to Central Park. Don't know if that would fit the budget. They're more upscale but maybe less kid friendly.

There are other suite hotels like the San Carlos, the Kimberly, the Affinias and the Best Western Hospitality, some of which have free breakfast (San Carlos and Best Western) but they won't have the views and the wow factor of Times Square although they may be better value for money.

Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with kids/janaury 2014

thk you that is the one my teenager wanted to stay.. my 4 year old wants the lights and real nyc experience. will look at the today.

3. Re: Hotel with kids/janaury 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 02, 2014