We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Choice: Bryant Park Hotel v Refinery Hotel

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Choice: Bryant Park Hotel v Refinery Hotel

Trying to work out if I take a Suite at the Refinery Hotel or a Suite at the Bryant Park Hotel. The cost of the Bryant Park is slightly more. Travelling in January 2014.

Thoughts will be appreciated

Mentioned in this post
The Bryant Park Hotel
The Bryant Park Hotel
3,909 Reviews
New York City, NY
Refinery Hotel
Refinery Hotel
4,449 Reviews
New York City, NY
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
474 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Choice: Bryant Park Hotel v Refinery Hotel

Hi Michael,

I had the exact same dilemma. My shortlist came down to these 2 hotels. I really wanted Bryant Park because their suite is bigger and the bathrooms are larger. It’s also across the street from Bryant Park as well and it gets great reviews.

The only reason we went with the Refinery is we got a really really good opening special rate – I mean virtually half price for the Atelier Suite which is their largest suite. We were really lucky with that. They also gave us a discount on the rollaway bed for our daughter. Bryant would not budge on the extra $100 a night for that so we couldn’t justify that extra $ on top of the suite price.

The other thing that helped was the communication at the Refinery. Lauren in Reservations was fantastic. I even requested a tea/coffee maker which they will supply. The only thing that I’m iffy about is the storage which people have commented on but I’m going to email Lauren closer to the date and speak to her about this as we are there for 10 nights.

Some people have also commented on the bathroom door privacy – it’s like a glass screen so that could bother some but I’m ok with that.

Let me know if there is anything else you want, believe me Ive done (and still doing) research ! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Refinery Hotel
Refinery Hotel
4,449 Reviews
New York City, NY
Michael
Michael
39 Reviews
New York City, NY
Bryant Park
Bryant Park
19,308 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Choice: Bryant Park Hotel v Refinery Hotel

Bryant Park is in a significantly more attractive area if that matters. The 30s on the west side, where the Refinery is, are somewhat grubby and very commercial. (But perfectly safe. And there is an Aussie pub on the same street.) More interesting dining near the Bryant Park, including the terrific Maialino in the hotel.

Edited: 7:31 am, September 04, 2013
Mentioned in this post
The Bryant Park Hotel
The Bryant Park Hotel
3,909 Reviews
New York City, NY
Bryant Park
Bryant Park
19,308 Reviews
New York City, NY
Maialino Resturant
Maialino Resturant
801 Reviews
New York City, NY
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
17,511 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Choice: Bryant Park Hotel v Refinery Hotel

I thought Maialino was in the Gramercy Park Hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Gramercy Park Hotel
Gramercy Park Hotel
1,520 Reviews
New York City, NY
Maialino Resturant
Maialino Resturant
801 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Choice: Bryant Park Hotel v Refinery Hotel

It is. And while I agree the location of the Bryant Park is more attractive, they're almost around the corner from each other.

http://goo.gl/maps/WeYRf

Have you looked at the photos on

oyster.com

Mentioned in this post
The Bryant Park Hotel
The Bryant Park Hotel
3,909 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Choice: Bryant Park Hotel v Refinery Hotel

Aynat, you are perfectly correct. I had the wrong hotel in my head when I posted. All my comments apply to the Gramercy Park Hotel!

Not too much difference in location between the BPH and the Refinery.

Mentioned in this post
Gramercy Park Hotel
Gramercy Park Hotel
1,520 Reviews
New York City, NY
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
474 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Choice: Bryant Park Hotel v Refinery Hotel

phew, thanks! you had me worried there for a minute!

But Kateoz you are still right tho as there is an Aussie pub on the same street as the Refinery, called...The Australian.

Mentioned in this post
Refinery Hotel
Refinery Hotel
4,449 Reviews
New York City, NY
Istanbul
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Choice: Bryant Park Hotel v Refinery Hotel

I will be staying in one of them, in June 2014. Which one would you prefer?

Thanx

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
474 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Choice: Bryant Park Hotel v Refinery Hotel

Hi Kayhany, We loved our stay at the Refinery and even after our stay in Oct/Nov last year, I see they still have great reviews. They service is 1st class and everyone is very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is just beautiful and the rooms are fabulous in terms of decor which is very different to the Bryant. We really loved almost everything about the Refinery except for storage, only has a very small wardrobe so for 3 people and 4 suitcases and with the rollaway bed put in as well, it was a bit squeezy but we made do. Anything we asked, they obliged. We even got a mini fridge and a tea maker. Its very close to Bryant Park too, easy to walk to. I have no doubt, you will love it! Enjoy your trip. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Bryant Park
Bryant Park
19,308 Reviews
New York City, NY
9. Re: Hotel Choice: Bryant Park Hotel v Refinery Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 03, 2015