We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolates and candies permitted on flight to the US?

Singapore
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Topic
Chocolates and candies permitted on flight to the US?

Hi, am I allowed to bring chocolates and candies on an international flight to the US? Thanks.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolates and candies permitted on flight to the US?

We always bring chocolates back to the USA whenever we travel. Just be modest in your imports, otherwise you may be charged a fee.

CH

Edited: 11:48 pm, August 18, 2013
Singapore
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolates and candies permitted on flight to the US?

I'll probably have 4-6 packets.

If they're in my checked in suitcase, will I still be charged a fee?

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,051 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chocolates and candies permitted on flight to the US?

The only time a fee would come into play is if you exceeded your duty-free allowance. That would be A LOT of chocolates or candy! Just to be safe you should mention them on your declaration form, but I can't imagine there would be any problems or any charges.

Edited: 12:39 am, August 19, 2013
NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chocolates and candies permitted on flight to the US?

"...I'll probably have 4-6 packets.....in my checked in suitcase..."

No matter where you stow them, that would most likely be no problem. We sometimes bring in a few pounds of chocolates. And, yes, you should declare everything with which you are traveling when indicated on the customs forms.

CH

Edited: 12:58 am, August 19, 2013
5. Re: Chocolates and candies permitted on flight to the US?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 21, 2014