We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to Manhattan

Bathurst, New South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
JFK to Manhattan

Hi, two ladies from Australia arriving at JFK on Sept 13th (and will be very tired by then!). We are staying on West End Avenue in Manhattan. I have read that the taxis charge a flat rate of

$52-50US to take us into Manhattan from JFK but would that mean that they will take us straight to the front door of our accommodation? Any thoughts on this would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Julie A from Australia

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK to Manhattan

It'll take you to whichever door of your hotel you want, Julie A from Australia. Welcome to TripAdvisor. Enjoy New York.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK to Manhattan

$52.50 + tolls and tip. Expect around $70 total.

Edited: 7:23 pm, August 17, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK to Manhattan

I think the bigger issue is that I don't know of any hotels on West End Ave. The only place I know of is the Chocolat Hostel and I think if that's where you are staying you may need to rethink your accommodations. If you are staying at an apartment, you also will need to rethink your plans, as well.

Edited: 7:27 pm, August 17, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK to Manhattan

Some people.

Boston...
Level Contributor
424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK to Manhattan

LDN_2009,

Pardon?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK to Manhattan

OP, the taxi wil take you to your location. Are you staying with friends?

Bathurst, New South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK to Manhattan

Thanks everyone for your response. We are staying in an apartment that we rented through Airbnb which looks ideal for us. Is there a problem with the Westend Avenue area? Now you are all making me nervous!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: JFK to Manhattan

No, the problem is apartment rentals of less than 30 days are illegal for the most part.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JFK to Manhattan

Perhaps someone could expand in order to help this new member better understand the situation and her options. Benevolently would be my suggestion.

Boston...
Level Contributor
424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JFK to Manhattan

Julie,

Take a look at the "Top Questions about New York City" at the top of the right side of your screen. The third question down explains why vacation rentals are largely illegal.

If you'd like some help finding new, legal accommodation, respond with your per night budget and the number of nights you are staying.

Mentioned in this post