We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay queens,manhattan,finance district.etc

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
27 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay queens,manhattan,finance district.etc

Its my first time in new york, so i was wondering should i stay in queens or manhattan. I dont have a car so i ll be travelling with public trans.

Hotels in manhattN are at least 300$ more expensive,but would it be worth saving the money ? Or i ll be to tired to travel back and forth to all the things i want to visit?

If there is a related forum please let me know.ty

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,066 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay queens,manhattan,finance district.etc

Be careful. Not all Hotels in Queens are near a subway stop. You need to let us know which hotel in Queens you are considering in order for the locals to give you the best advice.

2. Re: Where to stay queens,manhattan,finance district.etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, July 30, 2013
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay queens,manhattan,finance district.etc

airbnb isn't necessarily legal.

Find a hotel, Long Island City in Queens is a good option. Williamsburg or Park Slope in Brooklyn are also good too.

M

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
27 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay queens,manhattan,finance district.etc

Well i saw a hotel that provides a bus to the subway stop in queens. Its my fisrt time, so i would like to stay somewhere in radius and convenient to sights and museums i must visit. I dont really care about nightlife in the city, so thats why i dont mind staying away from manhattan.

I just want a decent,clean place to rest, in a safe neighborhood.

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
4,141 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay queens,manhattan,finance district.etc

What do you want to spend per night? The time of year you visit will affect hotel prices. Do you have specific travel dates yet?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
27 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay queens,manhattan,finance district.etc

I just found a hotel thank you for your interest

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay queens,manhattan,finance district.etc

which hotel? I agree that long island city is a great option

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,170 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay queens,manhattan,finance district.etc

You do not want to take a hotel that shuttles you to the subway station. You want to be able to walk to the subway.

Shuttles tend to be unreliable and often stop running fairly early in the evening.

9. Re: Where to stay queens,manhattan,finance district.etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 01, 2014