We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Telford, UK
12 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary help

Hi all,

We are a recently married couple in our early 30's who will be spending a week in NYC early August. I've done lots of reading and research and I've put together the following itinery. I'm a little bit worried we'll be doing fly-by's of everywhere so I wondered if you could share your knowledge with me and see if we could tweak anything. I'm also a little worried that I moght have taken too much out! We still be staying in the Garden Inn Hilton in Times Square and intend on buying metro passes to get around as much as possible.

Day 1

We arrive late so just a chilled out evening taking in Times Square and some food. Possibly Planet Hollywood (I know it's not to everyone's taste).

Day 2

Up early due to our body clocks being out so well head to Top of the Rock. Probably get the Sun and Stars package.

Shopping on 5th, FAO Shwarz, Lego, Tiffanys plus a few more.

Dinner reservation is at Devi the Indian Restaurant, making the most of restaurant week.

Afterwards back up to Top of the Rock to see NYC in the dark.

Day 3

Natural History Museum in the morning. It doesn't open until 10am so well hang around Central Park til then.

Lunch will either be Shake Shack by Central Park or Grimaldi Pizzeria in Brooklyn.

Afternoon will be over to Brooklyn to visit the park, ice cream factory and then walk back over the bridge when the sun is setting.

Day 4

Morning in Central Park.

Lunch in BB King Blues Club to watch a Beatles Tribute.

Afternoon spread between SoHo, China Town and Little Italy.

Dinner at Peter Luger's Steak House.

Day 5

Morning walking Highline Park stopping at Chelsea Market to browse and get some lunch.

Afternoon well try and see Empire State Building, Macy's, Chrysler Building and Grand Central Terminal.

Dinner at Capital Grille - Time Life Building.

Day 6

Up early and at 9/11 memorial for opening.

Helicopter flight at 12pm through heliny.com.

Zephyr Statue of Liberty Tour at 2pm.

Dinner at Don Antonio Pizzeria followed by Wicked on Broadway.

Day 7

Met Museum in the morning

Lunch reservation at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant The Maze.

Afternoon free to do more of what we liked or something that we had to drop.

Day 8

Morning free to chill or see something that we've spotted out there.

Go home mid afternoon.

Telford, UK
12 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Itinerary help

Ha ha, I may eat my words eh!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Itinerary help

Lots love the place...I am just not one of them. I did go into the M+M shop when I was there in Dec-Jan and I still haven't recovered.

I especially wouldn't want to stay in that area and battle the crowd to get in and out of my accomodation and have to wear my sunglasses at nighttime to deal with the optic nerve burning glare.

I do like looking at TS from about 56th Street on 7th Avenue!

Telford, UK
12 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Itinerary help

Yeah, I know it's not everyone's thing but I think we'll quite like it. At least initially anyway.

I'd welcome any comments on the revised itinerary.

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Itinerary help

V2 looks v.good.

Have a lovely holiday.

doncaster
Level Contributor
245 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Itinerary help

Looks a good plan, you have left ga

doncaster
Level Contributor
245 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Itinerary help

Looks a good plan.

RE shopping - we have a shopping day planned too nearly a full day but we enjoy shopping so it's something we want to do while there.

Our hotel is in Chelsea so we have planned to start our day walking to the village and taking in the area and having a nice breakfast then walking to the shops around broadway in lower manhattan. I don't know what shops you like but there is top shop, converse, h&m etc round there. Then we will probably eat at Katz then get the subway to Times Square shops and then 5th ave shops.

It's a full day of shopping but we plan to see lots of areas on this day

L x

17. Re: Itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 28, 2014