We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Howard Johnston SOHO

Belfast
Level Contributor
169 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Howard Johnston SOHO

Hi Folks,

I'm coming back to NYC in November/December and while I have a good rate at the Super 8 in Brooklyn (we stayed here in September and were happy enough though we found the journey in and out twice a day quite long), I am keeping an eye for something more reasonable to Manhattan.

I'm seeing very cheap rates for the Howard Johnston SOHO this morning. I haven't heard of this and a search on the forum isn't bringing anything up...is this legal/new/any good? I would appreciate any thoughts...

Thanks in advance,

Hil

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Howard Johnston SOHO

I think it's relatively new, I came across it at the end of last year when looking for hotels and I'm sure I read it had just opened.

I've read negative comments that it's not actually in SoHo like the name suggests and the location is unattractive, but that wouldn't bother everyone. I've stayed in a couple of Howard Johnston hotels in the US and always found them pretty basic, but clean and comfortable.

Belfast
Level Contributor
169 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Howard Johnston SOHO

You're a star Melb, thanks! I've just booked it since it's cancellable etc. I see those comments about location but we stayed in the Thompson LES a few years ago and loved the location. This doesn't look too far from there (though it does seem to be closer to Chinatown) regardless so I think we'll be grand.

It's £130 (c. $200) more than the Super 8 for our five night stay...I think it might be worth the extra in time saved travelling in and out. It has pretty good reviews generally.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,993 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Howard Johnston SOHO

There are 98 reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor, and 87% of the reviewers liked it. I'm not sure why you couldn't find anything. Here's the link to Tripadvisor reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d3506933…

California
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Howard Johnston SOHO

It's Johnson, not Johnston.

Belfast
Level Contributor
169 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Howard Johnston SOHO

Thank you! I had seen the reviews but it was a search on the forum which wasn't showing up anything. I normally like to see what the experts have been saying specifically around these things. I'm happy that the reviews look good though.

Yep, only identified I was using the spelling with the 't' a couple of hours ago! Nightmare...

6. Re: Howard Johnston SOHO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 26, 2014