We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day weekend nightlife/concerts

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Labor Day weekend nightlife/concerts

Hello all,

I know NYC is the city that never sleeps, but are there any popular concerts/nightlife/festivals going on that weekend? I can't find too many listed on the web.

I'm sure the 911 Memorial will be jam packed, right?

Thanks!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Labor Day weekend nightlife/concerts

This is always good time that Sunday. Brazilian Day Fest on 46th Street. Good fun:

http://www.brazilianday.com/en/

The Labor Day/West Indian festival is that Monday on eastern parkway in Brooklyn.

timeout.com/newyork/things-to-do/west-indian…

(The 9/11 Memorial won't necessarily be that crowded during Labor Day wine vs other times.)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Labor Day weekend nightlife/concerts

I'd stay away from the Carribbean Day parade - there have been problems there in the past. The Brazilian Day Festival is the better option, especially since you are staying in Manhattan. What sort of nightlife are you looking for? Bars, clubs, trendy restaurants, etc?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Labor Day weekend nightlife/concerts

All of the above for nightlife: bars, hip and unique NYC spots, etc. Not really planning on going "clubbing" by myself.

The Caribbean and Brazil festivals sound fun. Where is the Caribbean fest and why do you recommend avoiding it?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,938 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Labor Day weekend nightlife/concerts

Timeoutny.com

Has a calendar of events. You can pick dates, type of events etc.

I'm curious why you think 9/11 Memorial will be busy that weekend? You know the Labor Day weekend is much earlier, right?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Labor Day weekend nightlife/concerts

Yes I do! But Labor Day is a national holiday that's why. I will be in town the Sunday and Monday of Labor Day weekend. What exactly is a good day and time to go to avoid the mass tourist crowds?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Labor Day weekend nightlife/concerts

West indian Parade is on Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Labor Day weekend nightlife/concerts

Because it is in a bad neighborhood with arrests happening every year.

Hotel Chantelle, 230 5th for nightlife

8. Re: Labor Day weekend nightlife/concerts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 29, 2014