We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best restaurant on The Brooklyn side for views?

London, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Which is the best restaurant on The Brooklyn side for views?

Hi Can any one advise which is the best restaurant on the Brooklyn side of the river for the best view looking back at Manhatten?

It needs to be a nice place to take a 16 year old girl with preferably American/Italian food rather than anything else.

Thanks

T

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the best restaurant on The Brooklyn side for views?

I have not been to any but I imagine River Cafe must at least be one of them. I have been for a drink but I would think the view of Manhattan at night must be fabulous.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the best restaurant on The Brooklyn side for views?

I really do not know of any restaurants that would have views of the Manhattan side from Brooklyn. Why not just eat in a restaurant and go for a walk through Brooklyn Bridge Park - and maybe a ride on Jane's Carousel. Have a meal, and then walk it off taking in those great views.

Whittlesey, United...
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the best restaurant on The Brooklyn side for views?

Have not been but have been looking at this place in Long Island City, it is Queens not Brooklyn but will have the views you are looking for http://www.watersedgenyc.com/

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the best restaurant on The Brooklyn side for views?

Last time I checked a few weeks ago, the River Cafe was still not opened due to damage from the hurricane last year. I agree that you can have dinner at some of the very good restaurants in the area and then walk back over the bridge to the city.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,691 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the best restaurant on The Brooklyn side for views?

The River Cafe doesn't seem to have a notice saying they are still closed - (they did for quite a long time) - so, perhaps it is open again:

http://www.rivercafe.com/information/

Pricey though.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the best restaurant on The Brooklyn side for views?

I agree River Cafe is probably your best option if you want a view from the table however I was in the area and looked in a couple of weeks ago and they were still renovating but I've heard they expect to re-open before the end of the summer.

It's not cheap but should have options for a 16 year old.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is the best restaurant on The Brooklyn side for views?

Still closed(River Cafe.) They are saying possibly September...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which is the best restaurant on The Brooklyn side for views?

River cafe is opening next month

9. Re: Which is the best restaurant on The Brooklyn side for views?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 25, 2014