We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book of Mormon - am I missing something?

Adelaide
Level Contributor
349 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Book of Mormon - am I missing something?

Trying to purchase tickets to Book of Mormon in Thanksgiving week and first couple of days after but only tickets in finding are about $300 a piece on the website? Am I missing something? Surely its not almost sold out 4+ months in advance??

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,253 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book of Mormon - am I missing something?

Yes, it is. You aren't missing anything.

2. Re: Book of Mormon - am I missing something?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, July 22, 2013
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book of Mormon - am I missing something?

For awhile it was sold out for 12 months. 4 months ain't bad.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,015 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book of Mormon - am I missing something?

Welcome to the club. Instead of 2 tix for BOM, I somehow ended up with 3 tix to Justin Bieber!

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Book of Mormon - am I missing something?

Only 4 months? Wow; in about 4 years, they maybe available on the day. Look up Wicked, which has been around for many years; it's still hard to get tickets except way in advance, I believe.

Edited: 7:47 pm, July 22, 2013
Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Book of Mormon - am I missing something?

Just for the record: Just about EVERYTHING is more crowded, more expensive and more difficult to do on a whim (except at very high prices or long waits) than anyone living outside of New York ever expects. Why even Jones Beach, 30 miles from Manhattan with space for 100,000 cars, fills up many days in the summer.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Book of Mormon - am I missing something?

I saw Book of Mormon at the end of May this year.

I booked in October last year and even then, with a few options of different dates, I struggled to get 2 seats!

Yellowstone...
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Book of Mormon - am I missing something?

THis is the funniest play we have ever seen.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Book of Mormon - am I missing something?

Well, we thought it was a competent Broadway evening, but to justify the wait and the money, you should be sure that: 1)You love South Park 2)You love Nursery humor, as it's called 3)You're not easily offended. I should note that restauranteurs in Manhattan have told me that many Mormons are not offended - they get the satiric points. My observation is that things like warlord abuse of remote African villages is not a particularly humorous topic - have you seen "Ruined", a Pulitzer Prize winner? And a production number about the ... er ... symptoms of Dysentery??

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
304 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Book of Mormon - am I missing something?

It's also selling out nightly on its national tour (currently at DC's Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts).