We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Free Library pictured in Brooklyn Bridge Park

Bay Area
Level Contributor
575 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Little Free Library pictured in Brooklyn Bridge Park

I've been enchanted with the idea of Little Free Libraries, littlefreelibrary.org, ever since I learned of them and have visited a couple near my home. When I learned of the recently installed 10 LFLs in New York as a joint project of the PEN World Voices Festival and the Architectural League of New York, I knew I had to visit some on my visit in August. One of my favorites is pictured as slide 1 in this NYTimes article (…nytimes.com/2013/…), yet it does not appear on the map provided by the Architectural League. In googling around right now, I am pretty sure that this photo was just part of the design concept and that this actual library design is at NYU. Can anyone who has been in either location provide any information for me? Even if there is no one with knowledge of this I thought others might enjoy knowing about this project and visiting some of the locations. Some of the designs are just incredible.

1. Re: Little Free Library pictured in Brooklyn Bridge Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 23, 2014