We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!!! Need to choose between eventi and trump soho

Covina, California
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!!!! Need to choose between eventi and trump soho

Hey guys,

I'm taking my very first trip to new york in august, and I have narrowed it down to either the eventi or the trump soho. Since this is my first trip to new york, and i don't know when the next time i will return, I want to make sure that I stay in a hotel and an area that would offer me the best experience.

I don't really want to be near an area that is incredible busy or around a lot of hustle and bustle; i would rather stay in an area thats a little nicer and cleaner. I checked the prices for both hotels and it only comes out to about a $180 difference total for the entire stay. Money is not necessarily an issue, but I would like to have some money left over to go to more expensive restaurants for dinner.

Based on these criteria, if anyone could help me decide between the two hotels, it would be greatly appreciated.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!!! Need to choose between eventi and trump soho

In terms of immediate area, I would much rather be in Soho. More shops, stores, etc. Midtown is a lot of office buildings.

NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!!! Need to choose between eventi and trump soho

The Trump SoHo is very trendy, fashionable, full of models and movie people. We stayed there in October and while the room was beautiful and the service was fantastic, it was too much of a party scene for me.

If I had my time over on a first trip, I would stay closer to midtown. Think about what you want to see and where you want to go, and pick a location that is most convenient.

Edited: 7:39 am, July 12, 2013
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,429 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!!!! Need to choose between eventi and trump soho

If you don't want to be in a very busy area, I'm not sure either of these options are the right choice for you. While Trump Soho is not on a busy street, Soho has become the best shopping area in the city and other streets in the area will be very congested. The Eventi is near Penn station, Madison Square Garden, Macy's and the Empire State building so is a terrible choice for what you want. I'll also mention Trump Soho is a very trendy place with rooftop pool and a lot of see and be seen activity.

Some better options imo

If you don't mind trendy but want a quieter location, I think the Gansevoort Park would be a better option. It's not that far from the Eventi but the few blocks make a big difference. In the same area, but less trendy, the Giraffe is a very nice hotel known for good service.

The Greenwich Hotel in Tribeca, just south of Soho is trendy in a quieter way.

A map

http://goo.gl/maps/kNjTk

4. Re: HELP!!!! Need to choose between eventi and trump soho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 14, 2014