We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount Cards

Newburgh, Indiana
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Discount Cards

There seem to be several discount cards that are available, New York Pass, New York City Pass, the Explorer Pass, etc. Are they worth the $$ and is one better than the others? Should I buy in advance of my travel or purchase once we arrive in New York? I will be traveling with husband, and 2 college aged sons. Any help would be appreciated.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,942 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount Cards

Most locals feel the cards either don't pay out (because there's not time to go to everything included) or they lead you to going places you might not just because they're included (not a good thing if you then skip something you would have preferred).

Here's an analysis from the FAQ on the right of this page. Not sure it will help, but it does offer another alternative that might be better.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c140362/New-Yo…

In the end, really the only way to be sure you're getting value is to list the places you want to go ( and know you have time to do) with individual prices (keeping in mind the are some musuems with pay what you wish policies or free times) and then decide.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount Cards

Even if you list all the places you intend to do, in the end you might not ending up doing them all. Whenever I have friends and family in town, I don't recommend them to buy those cards for that reason either.

3. Re: Discount Cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 07, 2014