We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morning Tour Recommendations

Arlington, Texas...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Morning Tour Recommendations

Hello,

I will be visiting NYC in August and have a block of time I'm looking to fill with (maybe) a tour. I will need to start and end in Midtown, and I will have from about 8-9am until noon. I'm not looking for anything specific, but I don't 'need' to see the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Ground Zero - I've already done all that during a previous visit, but I'm not opposed to checking them out again, either. Any help would be appreciated, there are so many tour companies and options I have no idea where else to start! I'm also open to non-tour options for that time slot, but I was thinking a tour may allow me to see the most in the least amount of time.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,893 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morning Tour Recommendations

So many options and so little time. What will you be doing the rest of the time that you are here?

thestarryeye.typepad.com/explorenyc

Arlington, Texas...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Morning Tour Recommendations

The rest of the trip will include the MOMA, a Broadway show, some nice dinners, exploring Greenwich Village, Little Italy, Canal Street, some shopping, The Highline and Chelsea Market.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,029 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morning Tour Recommendations

I think most tours start around 10 or 11 so not early enough for you to make best use of time. You can have a look at the tour websites like

freetoursbyfoot.com

foodsofny.com

noshwalks.com

but I think you're better either hiring a private guide for the morning or doing something on your own. Without any knowledge of what you like, it's hard to make suggestions. I also think it's a mistake to limit yourself to midtown. Midtown is the area you least need a guided tour to see I supposed one thought is a walking tour of Central Park. They do those daily. You might have a look at the park's official website.

Arlington, Texas...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Morning Tour Recommendations

Thanks nywhiz, I'll check those links out. It's not that I'm set on touring Midtown, I just have plans in that area before and after that chunk of time I'm able to tour so I feel like that kind of limits what I'll have time to do. Thanks for the info!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,029 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Morning Tour Recommendations

But if you have 4 hrs. free, you can be in the financial district in 10-15 mins. by subway from Grand Central terminal is my point. There are cruises that leave from midtown or you can pick up the NY water taxi hop on/off boat from midtown. With 4 hrs. if you're worried about straying too far, I'd either shop or go to a museum.

6. Re: Morning Tour Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 06, 2014