We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wicked Discounts for July 25 2013

Victoria, BC Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Wicked Discounts for July 25 2013

I'm just getting ready to buy Wicked tickets for the 4 of us. I haven't been able to find a discount, but thought that maybe forum members might have some advice for me about discounts (if one exists).

Also - any advice as to which seats sections we should avoid or which sections we should try to sit in. Some theatres don't have a bad seat in the house -- what is the situation at the "Wicked" Theatre

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,352 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wicked Discounts for July 25 2013

Wicked is an extremely popular show. There are no discounts available. Go to the official ( ticketmaster) online site and purchase tickets. If you use the interactive map to pick your seats it will tell you when you put your mouse on an available seat if it is full or partial view

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wicked Discounts for July 25 2013

Wicked also has a lottery every day, where you can show up a couple of hours before the show, put your name into a lottery and win front-row seats for $30. However, the chances of winning is small, since some 100-200 people show up for the lottery and the only give out some 10 pairs of tickets or so.

See nytix.com/Links/Broadway/lotteryschedule.html

Staffs UK
Level Contributor
136 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wicked Discounts for July 25 2013

Thanks for the lottery tip I hadn't heard that before! So if it says 6PM for Wicked that is the draw time and the show would be that evenings performance?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,152 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wicked Discounts for July 25 2013

Have you tried both TheaterMania & Playbill Club? Both give discounts if you sign up for their free clubs (caveat-you will get lots of e-mails re:discounts.) Also, I never say discounts are not available. It helps if you are willing to sit apart or are not picky about your seats. I got into I'll Eat You Last & Book of Mormon on discounts but I'm a single &, having been an usher for 50 years & therefore getting only available seats, if that, I am not at all choosy about where I sit.

Yellowstone...
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wicked Discounts for July 25 2013

Go to Ticketmaster.com

Get the best seats you can afford.

How often are you going to come from BC to NYC?

If you go the lottery route you may not get any seats at all.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wicked Discounts for July 25 2013

That's correct. A 6pm draw time (which means to you have to show up at 5:55pm at the very latest), means that you can win for the performance at 8pm. Again, winning this is an entirely different matter. ;-) Good luck!

7. Re: Wicked Discounts for July 25 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 03, 2014