We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to niagara -> boston -> montreal from NYC

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to niagara -> boston -> montreal from NYC

Hey guys!

I've just booked flights to NYC from the 24th of Jul til the 7th of August! Super excited!!

Since i've got a bit of time, a few places around- including Niagara falls, boston and Montreal- would be awesome to see

I'm travelling solo, so i think a tour to Niagara falls would be ideal

My question is, then- does anyone know of a tour that goes NYC -> Niagara falls -> Boston? Can anyone recommend a tour? Or would a round trip to NYC then a train to Boston just be easier. Does anyone have a suggestion ast o the best way to see Niagara from NYC?

Thanks so much

Ash

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,461 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to niagara -> boston -> montreal from NYC

I'm sure there are tours but you'll likely pay a high premium as a solo traveler, spend most of your time on a bus and possibly stay on out of the way places. If you google tours to Boston, Niagara Falls and Montreal, I'm sure you'll dond some. But this forum is for DIY'ers who want help. It's easy to fly to Buffalo, NY from NYC to see Niagara Falls. You might want to consider staying overnight there and going for a Fri. Night when I believe they have fireworks over the falls. You can hook up witha tour there if you dont want to drive yourself. Check tosee if you need a visa togo to Canada and return back to the US. Dont think so, but not sure.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
7,953 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to niagara -> boston -> montreal from NYC

Ash, I just want you to be aware of the distances involved.

NYC - Niagara Falls: 650km. Nine hours each way by bus, 10 by train, 1.5hr flight.

Niagara Falls - Montreal: 670km. Eight hours by train.

Montreal-Boston: 500km. No train service. Seven hours by bus, 1hr flight.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to niagara -> boston -> montreal from NYC

Huge distances btwn those cities using NYC as the center.

I have been to all 3.....

If I was spending time in NY and had those 3 as options....I would visit Montreal first. Great city(as are the other 2) with various festivals occurring during the summer. Then Boston and then Niagara Falls.

Boston is also a great city to visit year round and especially in the summer.

Niagara Falls is amazing. I just feel that there are many more things to do in Montreal and Boston for a solo person.

I would also NOT suggest a tour of those 3 cities from NY. You will spend HOURS on the bus going between each location.

4. Re: Trip to niagara -> boston -> montreal from NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 26, 2014