We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast / brunch in Theatre District / Times Square area

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast / brunch in Theatre District / Times Square area

My teenage girls are keen to go to dance classes at the Broadway School of Dance on Wst 45th.

Trouble is it leaves us looking for places to eat in the Theatre District / Times Square area. We dont mind grabbing somthing quick at places like Lucky Star Cafe 250 W 43rd St,Or Pax Wholesome Foods 225 W 42nd St, but I had my heart set on a memorable new york breakfast.

Normas is an option but I was hoping there might be something closer

Hotel (Westin Times Square)

Breakfast / Brunch (Where?)

Noon - Broadway Dance Centre

Lunch (sandwich?)

MOMA

Shopping Madison Ave

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,224 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast / brunch in Theatre District / Times Square area

Not sure about breakfast, but the Carnegie Deli is nearby to the MoMA for your sandwich...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,486 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast / brunch in Theatre District / Times Square area

If they're going to a dance class at noon, they may not want to eat a big meal before and imo, they shouldn't. I'd grab a light something in the morning from a place like PAX and go to MOMA which opens at 10:30 or see if you can fit in a cruise before the class (Circle Line and NY Waterway leave from midtown not far from the Westin) and then go some place after the class-maybe Balthazar in Soho or Pastis in the meapacking district.. A NYC brunch is usually later (12-3).

But if you want a big NY brunch, the Boat House in Central Park starts serving at 9:30. They don't take reservations but if you get there when they open, there shouldn't be a long wait.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast / brunch in Theatre District / Times Square area

Thanks guys for the sensible replys

A light somthing before dance and a sandwich from Carnegie sounds good.

Then a relaxing diner after Shopping Madison Ave or back near the hotel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,224 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast / brunch in Theatre District / Times Square area

Have a great day.

5. Re: Breakfast / brunch in Theatre District / Times Square area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 19, 2014