We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Pier 26 at Hudson River Park

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Pier 26 at Hudson River Park

Going to FUN. concert and want to get there from Port Authority bus terminal. Is the easiest way still taking the E subway all the way to the World Trade Center stop? Haven't been to downtown since 9/11 so I don't know what has changed. Please advise. Thank you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Pier 26 at Hudson River Park

Take the A/C to Chambers. The pier is above Chambers. When is the concert? They are still working on the pier.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Pier 26 at Hudson River Park

For the record: The last stop on the downtown "E" train is still called "World Trade Center" and is basically the same as Chambers St. on the A and C. Subway-wise nothing has changed. The terminating tracks for the E train happen to be a couple of hundred of feet south of the non-terminating tracks of the A and C which continue into Brooklyn, but they connect through a passageway, so you can take any of the three 8th Avenue trains downtown from the Port Authority Bus Terminal, just get out wherever you find an exit and walk west.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Pier 26 at Hudson River Park

Thank you for the quick responses. I hope the pier is completed by July 22, the date of the concert...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Pier 26 at Hudson River Park

If you take the E, get on the back of the train. I was trying to save you having to backtrack from the WTC stop. If you're on the front, it's an extra 5 blocks or so. You'll need your energy for the concert. :-)

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Pier 26 at Hudson River Park

Well, I am trying to figure out another way to get there...via train from Princeton (instead of bus) to avoid rush hour traffic. So, the train would take us to Penn Station in Newark and then we would take the PATH train to WTC. How does that work? Same?

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Pier 26 at Hudson River Park

Yes, that is the same. In fact, the NJ Transit fare is cheaper to Newark, then you would take the PATH right across the platform. The PATH train runs directly from Newark to WTC every 15 minutes on Saturday and Sunday and every 35 after midnight. Weekdays it's more often:

www.panynj.gov/path/full-schedules.html

Edited: 2:33 pm, June 14, 2013
Oklahoma
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Pier 26 at Hudson River Park

Does anyone know if babies need tickets to concert?

Long Island City...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Pier 26 at Hudson River Park

how do i get to hudson river from penn station? How many stops? where do i get off please.? peter ad2@aol.com

Edited: 9:10 am, July 23, 2013
New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Pier 26 at Hudson River Park

Simply take the downtown 2 or 3 express train from Penn Station to Chambers St. (two stops) and walk west to the River and you'll see Pier 26 and the concerts on your right.

Peter - You simply say "Hudson River" but this is part of an old thread relating to Pier 26. If you are simply going to the Hudson River (no particular location) from Penn Station - you'd simply walk west on 34th Street to the Hudson River. If you're going to Pier 26, you take the train down to Chambers St. from Penn Station.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to Pier 26 at Hudson River Park

**how do i get to hudson river from penn station? How many stops? where do i get off please.? peter ad2@aol.com**

Same directions as above as you can catch the A, C at Penn Station. Subway map is below:

http://www.mta.info/maps/submap.html