We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waldorf Astoria / Hilton Honors Questions

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
66 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Waldorf Astoria / Hilton Honors Questions

I'm a Hilton guy that has about a million points to spare. We're off to NYC in August to see a play and have a long weekend. Our usual routine is to stay at THE SHOREHAM (not a Hilton property, but one of our favorites) or at THE HILTON AVE OF THE AMERICAS. Usually compare price vs. points and if I find a deal, I pay. Otherwise, I use points.

So, for a change of pace, am considering staying at WALDORF ASTORIA or one of the places in Chelsea. With regards to the Waldorf, three questions:

1) How is the neighborhood for restaurants, coffee shops, etc.? Ave of the Americas is right near a bunch of great places.

2) How does Waldorf treat Hilton Honors? Typical to get an upgrade? Do they have a "concierge floor"?

3) How far is the walk to stuff around 53rd St and 7th Ave? Easy walk?

Thanks in advance for the help. I promise to post a review of wherever I end up.

Steve

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,486 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waldorf Astoria / Hilton Honors Questions

Questions 1 & 3 can be answered by using google maps. To see what testaurants are nearby any hotel, map the hotel

Maps.google.com

Then click "search nearby" and type in restaurants in the pop up box. There are certainly enough options for breakfast.

For the distance and estimated time to walk between any 2 points type the trip at the top (ie Waldorf Astoria nyc to 7th ave. &53 st nyc) then click the person icon for walking or the train icon for subway or bus.

I think for a theater weekend, staying on the west side is more convenient. What about the Hilton Times Square or the hilton Garden Inn TS? The Waldorf rooms are tired. Have a look on

Oyster.com

Do you now about the flyertalk.com forum for frequent guests?

2. Re: Waldorf Astoria / Hilton Honors Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 22, 2014