We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to go to Coney Island?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
When is the best time to go to Coney Island?

We are visiting June 3 - June 10 and want to go to Coney Island one day and check it out. When is the best time of the week and day to visit? We were thinking of going in the afternoon to evening. Unsure which day yet. Any recommendations? We want to go when there will be a few people around and some atmosphere. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
610 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the best time to go to Coney Island?

Hi macja999, is there a particular reason why you want to visit coney island? What are you wanting to do? Is it just the area or a particular attraction you would like to see?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the best time to go to Coney Island?

We are going to New York for the USA tennis open then flying to Boston for a few days then driving to cape cod. We have been told Chatham is nice. Could any one help with suggestions of good accommodation for 2 adults. We will be there 7 nights. Also plan to visit Martha's Vineyard

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is the best time to go to Coney Island?

Weekends are busier in Coney Island. Friday nights can be fun with fireworks, but unfortunately the weekly event doesn't start til late June after your visit. Fri-Sun. would be the best time to go.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is the best time to go to Coney Island?

PS have absolutely no idea why Allerdyce chose to post in this thread on the NYC forum.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is the best time to go to Coney Island?

We would like to check out the area and the rides, broad walk, food etc.

We are from a city destroyed by natural disaster too and I am keen to see and support an area affected by the hurricane.

Thanks NYWhiz, I had thought it may have been open weekdays by then. Friday is my birthdy and although I don't have plans for it, not sure I wanna go to Comey Islamd that evening but might head out on the sat ot Sunday.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is the best time to go to Coney Island?

It likely will be open on weekdays by then (Memorial day is end of May). But you asked when the best time to go would be.

http://coneyisland.com/tourism.shtml

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When is the best time to go to Coney Island?

It will be busier and have more life to it on Saturday than a weekday.

Brooklyn, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: When is the best time to go to Coney Island?

You should go on Saturdays and Sundays at early morning to the noon which would not be very crowded at that time

Brooklyn, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: When is the best time to go to Coney Island?

You should go on Saturdays and Sundays at early morning to the noon which would not be very crowded at that time

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,478 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When is the best time to go to Coney Island?

Post is almost a year old.