We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinky Boots or Rock of Ages

michigan
Level Contributor
138 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Kinky Boots or Rock of Ages

I'm leaning toward Kinky Boots if we have to choose just one, but we're not sure. Rock of Ages sounds fun and we are love 80's music. Kinky Boots sounds great as well. We are being very indecisive. Would you recommend one more than the other?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,181 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kinky Boots or Rock of Ages

Have you checked ticket availability for your visit? I'm thinking a new production like Kinky Boots might be a tough ticket these days, not to mention 13 (I think) Tony nominations just announced.

Rock of Ages...not so much.

michigan
Level Contributor
138 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kinky Boots or Rock of Ages

Tickets are available for both. Do you mean Rock of Ages wasn't good?

Farmington, CT
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kinky Boots or Rock of Ages

I saw "Rock of Ages" last year and "Kinky Boots" last month. I Loved Kinky Boots--its funny with great music! ROA was good and may be a good choice if you like 80's music but the story is a bit lame. I would go see Kinky Boots again if I had the opportunity!

Concord, California
Level Contributor
127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kinky Boots or Rock of Ages

I saw ROA in SF and loved it, but it was MY music from high school. I kept looking around wondering if people from different eras would enjoy it at all. The story is OK, and it's better than the movie, but it was all about the music.

Chicago, IL USA
Level Contributor
342 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kinky Boots or Rock of Ages

Without a doubt, go see Kinky Boots! A much better show. ROA is fun but its simple goofyness and not a real story that draws you in. ROA is still out on tour and I'm sure they will be in Michigan sometime. See it then.

Edited: 4:27 am, May 04, 2013
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kinky Boots or Rock of Ages

We saw Kinky Boots last month and really liked it. I am sure it will win some Tony's and tickets will be much harder to get. I would book them now if you want to see it. Enjoy your trip.

michigan
Level Contributor
138 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kinky Boots or Rock of Ages

Thanks everyone! I was leaning toward Kinky Boots and your replies just solidifies it for me.

8. Re: Kinky Boots or Rock of Ages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 08, 2014