We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Nations HQ Guided Tours

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
United Nations HQ Guided Tours

I only have one day in the city and plan on doing a guided tour at the UN HQ. Online tickets are sold out for my date (end of this week) but it says that most tickets are sold directly at the visitor center.

I have to be downtown at 12 pm, so I was planning on going to the UN visitor center in the morning to buy tickets for an afternoon tour. Hoping they have a ticket available.

Can I do that? Go there in the morning and ask for tickets in the afternoon? Or will they just sell you tickets for the next tour?

I'm really trying to plan that through, because I've been to the UN HQ several times in the past few years and it was closed every time....I hope it works out this time.

Also, where exactly will I find the visitor center? Directly at 1st Ave?

Any additional advise is greatly appreciated!

Edited: 4:33 pm, April 29, 2013
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,486 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United Nations HQ Guided Tours

http://visit.un.org/wcm/content/

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United Nations HQ Guided Tours

Yes, I've been on that homepage before, I know how to use Google, and beside the location of the visitor center it doesn't really answer my questions....

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United Nations HQ Guided Tours

Anyone?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United Nations HQ Guided Tours

Can you just phone them to ask?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: United Nations HQ Guided Tours

If anybody has the same or similar question in the future.

It's no problem you can go in there on a walk-in basis. First come, first serve. They have a lot of tours. Security is pretty fast unless a group of school kids just arrived ahead of you. Haha.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: United Nations HQ Guided Tours

Thanks, YT, very useful advice - well done for posting it here :)

7. Re: United Nations HQ Guided Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 08, 2014