We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any tolls from LaGuardia to Manhattan?

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
128 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Any tolls from LaGuardia to Manhattan?

Just booked Dial 7 car service to take us from LaGuardia to Hampton Inn Chelsea. The quoted price does not include tip or tolls. Can anyone tell me if there are any tolls from LaGuardia to Manhattan? I hope that's not a silly question, but I seem to remember tolls mentioned from Newark and possibly JFK, but not LaGuardia.

Just about a month until our trip, and we are getting so excited to visit this great city. All of you on Trip Advisor have been so helpful - we feel very prepared! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Airport
East Elmhurst, NY
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Chelsea
Hampton Inn...
2,032 Reviews
New York City, NY
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,205 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any tolls from LaGuardia to Manhattan?

It depends on the route, but yes, there are usually tolls between LaGuardia and Manhattan.

Mentioned in this post
LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Airport
East Elmhurst, NY
NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any tolls from LaGuardia to Manhattan?

Hola.

If you have already negotiated a fixed rate with the car service, then ask your driver to take the BQE to the Williamsburg Bridge (no toll) into the City.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Mentioned in this post
Williamsburg Bridge
Williamsburg Bridge
150 Reviews
New York City, NY
Fire Island
Fire Island
Long Island, NY
United States
United States
North America
Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any tolls from LaGuardia to Manhattan?

I usually take the 59th Street bridge, no toll. But if you don't specify your river crossing the taxi driver might take the Triboro bridge, with a toll.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any tolls from LaGuardia to Manhattan?

Hey HeyJude55:-) Although anything can happen at any time.. drivers usually know traffic conditions to take the best route! Altough I doubt you'd need to use the Triborough to get to Chelsea, the driver usually plans out the route depending on traffic..road conditions, etc.. EnJOY!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,129 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any tolls from LaGuardia to Manhattan?

If the driver does take the RFK Bridge/Triboro Bridge, which may be the fastest route at times, the toll would be $6.50.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,239 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any tolls from LaGuardia to Manhattan?

That's $6.50 cash, but $4.80 with EZ Pass. Taxi drivers are required to charge you the EZ Pass rate - don't know about car services.

-JimG

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,726 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any tolls from LaGuardia to Manhattan?

I'd expect most drivers will want to take the Queens-Midtown Tunnel. It's the same toll as the Triborough (now RFK) Bridge. Depending on traffic, of course, this would be the fastest route from LGA to Chelsea. The Triborough Bridge would be quite out of the way.

Mentioned in this post
Queens
Queens
New York
LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Airport
East Elmhurst, NY
8. Re: Any tolls from LaGuardia to Manhattan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 30, 2014