We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark express transit

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Newark express transit

I am flying to Newark. I plan on staying nearby hotel for 5 days. Then take Newark express transit every day to Manhattan for sightseeing. Is this good choice? How long it takes to go to Manhattan using Newark express transit?

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,769 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark express transit

Terrible plan. If your main goal is to see NYC you should stay in NYC.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark express transit

Listen to Aerules; he's right. If you're having trouble staying within a budget, post your details (dates, number of people, number and type of beds you'll need, and any other requirements / preferences) along with your hotel budget per night. Keep in mind that taxes add about 15-16% to room costs in NYC.

Even if you can't afford to stay in Manhattan, there are most likely better options than staying at or near EWR.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,932 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark express transit

Aerules and jensdad are giving you good advise. But, if you want to stay in New Jersey here is a summary of options.

www.broadwayfocus.com/nj_nyc/

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newark express transit

Reboot the whole idea. Stay in Manhattan. There is no express way to get from Newark to Manhattan, other than helicopter. The area around Newark Airport is not ideal for tourists (other than the airport hotels for one-night stays). I would rethink the whole thing.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Newark express transit

Thank you for replies. I would like to have flight to Newark. Then, maybe I can go from there to New York hotel. I would take hop on hop off bus to see the things for 3 days.

My details are as below.

Dates – 30th May till 3rd Jun

number of people - 2 (one adult / one child),

number and type of beds – 1 bed will work.

Budget – upto $200 per night

Please suggest good hotels and easy way to see NY. My child is just 8 years old.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,932 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newark express transit

Suggest that you repost this information with another title.

7. Re: Newark express transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 29, 2014