We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Critique Please :)

manchester
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Critique Please :)

Hello,

I am coming to New York on May 3rd-11th with my partner. We are both looking to see many sights, some live music...we enjoy pub quizzes at home and I have found a few going on in NYC, wanting to go to some dive bars, do some music tee/record shopping etc. I am aware that circumstances could change so have left a few days free (labelled ad hoc) should we find out about something upon arrival, if the weather changes, we are a bit hungover...just trying to keep it flexible. However if you could take a look at the below and see if I am going about this the right way/ have the right idea, I'd be really grateful! We are staying at The New York Budget Inn which is Midtown East.

Please make any suggestions for further nearby attractions etc I may have missed

Friday 3rd - Land at midday - Check In etc,

Times Square

Hard Rock Café ( Just to buy a T-shirt as my partner collects these)

TOTR

NBCTour

Empire State Building

Saturday 4th -

National History Museum

Central Park

Sunday 5TH

Ad Hoc - Suggestions..

See a Broadway Show in The Evening

Ellen's Stardust Diner

,Monday 6th

Coney Island/Luna Park

Tuesday 7th

Intrepid Museum

Jewish Heritage Museum

Water Taxi

9/11 Memorial

Jeremy’s Ale House

Wednesday 8th

Ad Hoc

Thursday 9th

Greenwich Village/Bleeker St Records/Friends Apt

Friday 10th

Ad Hoc

Mets Game at Citi Field in the evening

Saturday 11th

Flight Home at 7pm

manchester
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Critique Please :)

bump

New York City
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Critique Please :)

You are missing the Metropolitan museum of Art, no need to take Water Taxi Take Staten Island ferry

You are also missing the High Line

New York City
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Critique Please :)

Also IMO there is no need to do both TOTR and the Empire State Building

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,864 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Critique Please :)

I have recently posted about events happening during your 1st weekend and farther down you will find other ideas. Your mets game could be at the end of a day along the 7 line. You should definitely go to the Louis Armstrong museum and if you search this forum u will find info about pubs along the way and the Queens Museum etc. enjoy!

Thestarryeye.typepad.com/explorenyc

manchester
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Critique Please :)

Hi Ztaks,

I have bookmarked your post :)

So everything else looks okay, time/distance wise? Thanks for the suggestions :)

Is Katz deli near to any of my suggestions does anybody know?

Thanks again, this is so helpful

New York
Level Contributor
901 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Critique Please :)

Personally, I would skip Coney Island. It's an amusement park.......that's it. It's off the boardwalk which is nice to stroll & near the aquarium (which I believe is still closed due to Sandy) but nothing else touristy to do in surrounding area.

I would rent bicycles and bike the greenway. Awesome views & plenty of places to stop & explore. It's my favorite way of spending a day in the city :) I posted the link below

nycgovparks.org/sub_things_to_do/facilities/…

Have fun!

New York
Level Contributor
901 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary Critique Please :)

Personally, I would skip Coney Island. It's an amusement park.......that's it. It's off the boardwalk which is nice to stroll & near the aquarium (which I believe is still closed due to Sandy) but nothing else touristy to do in surrounding area.

I would rent bicycles and bike the greenway. Awesome views & plenty of places to stop & explore. It's my favorite way of spending a day in the city :) I posted the link below

nycgovparks.org/sub_things_to_do/facilities/…

Have fun!

manchester
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary Critique Please :)

Hey thanks for that! We really enjoy cycling so I definitely will do that.

Thank you

manchester
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary Critique Please :)

Also, Thanks about the High Line tip! Looks amazing!

ztaks - Just googled the 7 line, so would you suggest getting off at each stop for a wander etc? Think that's what you meant, hope I'm not missing something haha

New York City
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary Critique Please :)

Yeah Id probably skip Coney Island too, its not the nicest beach. The beaches on Long Island or the Jersey SHore are much nicer.

I dont know about biocylcing them though as the boardwalks were damaged and are being replaced