We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Heart of Harlem BnB.... Does it have a website or Email?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
The Heart of Harlem BnB.... Does it have a website or Email?

Hi

I am trying to contact this BnB but I cannot find any details for it on google whatsoever. Is there anyone who has contacted them before?

Thanks

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Heart of Harlem BnB.... Does it have a website or Email?

Country Inn and Suites in Long Island city falls into your budget (June 5-9, under $200/night).

It's a very well recommended budget option.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: The Heart of Harlem BnB.... Does it have a website or Email?

Some of the LIC hotels include breakfast, too, but don't make a decision based on that. You can get a great breakfast from a deli or coffee shop for under $5/person.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: The Heart of Harlem BnB.... Does it have a website or Email?

Thanks for the suggestions there

I guess if need be I would have to stretch to $250 / $275 incl taxes and stuff. So $1100 all in.

Been checking out lots of things today namely affina shelbourne, candlewood suites, amsterdam court, da vinci hotel, hotel stanford, wellington hotel and Gracie Inn Hotel / B&B (502 East 81st Street New York, New York 10028)

we are only stopping over for 4 nights 5th June - 9th June so I want to do some tourist things (times sq, statue of lib, empire state) but also want to get some good man vs food style eating!

The only other thing we want to do is shop like crazy.

So i have been looking at stuff near times sq which I believe most of those I named are. They are all roughly at the $1100 mark for four nights.

Not sure if you can think of anything else thats decent but thats all ive found after spending the entire day looking into it :)

Thanks very much

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: The Heart of Harlem BnB.... Does it have a website or Email?

Cool

Will look into LIC tonight :)

I guess I was worried it would take long to get into times sq but sounds like it wont based on everyones comments.

Cool thanks guys

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: The Heart of Harlem BnB.... Does it have a website or Email?

I'm staying at the Affinia Shelburne for 7 nights at the end of next month. If you can stretch your budget and would prefer to stay in Manhattan, that's a good option!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: The Heart of Harlem BnB.... Does it have a website or Email?

I live an a large, nice rental apartment building near Central Park that has more and more (illegal) vacation rentals. I don't know who are the owners (I plan to find out), but all day long, tourists from around the world are coming with huge suitcases, taking up room in the elevator, walking the halls, etc. Yesterday a "cleaning service" guy (who changes bed sheets) asked me in the elevator: "Is this a hotel? " I said, no, its an apartment, but he does so much work here he didn't know that.

I pay high rent for privacy and security. The people who rent these apartments are not "casual" tenants say, going away for a few weeks, they are in the business of securing apartments and renting them. They are just looking to make a buck. They do not live here themselves. I suspect they pay off doormen. Regular tenants get no advantages and have to live with these transient renters. This is one of the many reasons NYC government does not legalize these places.

I am glad you will try a legal arrangement. Welcome to NYC.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,550 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: The Heart of Harlem BnB.... Does it have a website or Email?

NYNM--even if you do not know the owners of the building you know the management company. Call 311 and provide the building address and management company. The city will do the rest!

I would be livid if my home was full of transients.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: The Heart of Harlem BnB.... Does it have a website or Email?

Thanks, rdglady. I didn't know that 311 handles this. I will call.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: The Heart of Harlem BnB.... Does it have a website or Email?

Hey All

So I took the advice on LIC and went for the Wyndham Garden.

I was going to book the verve but I found their booking site annoying. A lot of the management responses to comments mention how someone "booked through choice hotels not us directly". Well I called them direct and was told to use choicehotels to book so I thought no!

Pity as it was closer to the train than the other one .

Kent
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: The Heart of Harlem BnB.... Does it have a website or Email?

Hi have just read previous postings and am panicking. I've booked Heart of Harlem through Budgetplaces.com and am likewise going to cancel. Didn't know anything about illegal B&B's but can't risk it as taking two children. Did you have any trouble getting your deposit back?