We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Authentic 60's Diner

Blackburn
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Authentic 60's Diner

I have heard of a diner which was used for a scene in a film. Does anyone know where it is ? or anyother authentic diner?

Thank you.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,421 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Authentic 60's Diner

There are lots of diners in New York City. Most are authentic in that locals eat in them. What are you looking for exactly?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Authentic 60's Diner

Hey mesogi:-) Believe you're looking for www.lexingtoncandyshop.net/ ;-) Located on the UES on Lexington Avenue and 83rd Street.. old -world style 'luncheonette'.. used in 'Nanny Diaries';-) EnJOY!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,421 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Authentic 60's Diner

Ah, I see. If that's what you're looking for, be aware that while it trades on its kitsch factor, aside from being able to get old fashioned hand made sodas, the food is expensive and not great. There are many better diners if you're looking for food. If you want atmosphere, then go for it.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,552 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Authentic 60's Diner

There are plenty of diners used for films. There's Tom's restaurant that was used in the Seinfeld series. I thought you might have been thinking of the Empire Diner which is currently closed.

www.google.com/imgres…

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Authentic 60's Diner

We loved Toms, which still looks like it did in Seinfeld from the outside. The food wasn't bad at all and it's in a nice neighborhood for exploring, lots of shops.

Edited: 10:15 pm, April 09, 2013
Blackburn
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Authentic 60's Diner

Thank you for your replies. I am looking for a diner that has a juke box with 50's/60's college music , bar stools and plastic chairs etc. I read about one that was in a film I think it was Robert De Niro who starred in it and it could have been in The Bronx. The article said food was only ok however the atmosphere was brill and it was one of the few places that hadn't inflated their prices and cashed in on the Diner being used for the film set.

7. Re: Authentic 60's Diner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 12, 2014