We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York City Trip 4/18-22

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 post
Save Topic
New York City Trip 4/18-22

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are meeting his friends (husband and wife) from France in NYC to see the sights and good food. I have an itinerary somewhat planned, I would love some advice for visiting and good food recommendations.

Our friends arrive on Tuesday 4.16 at 330 from Newark NJ. Anything ideas for them on Wednesday?? They also stay later than us til Wed 4.24 5 pm.

Thursday -

Arrive 630 am JFK. Get to brooklyn accomodations with friends.

World trade center memorial 1030-11 am?

Downtown/Financial district?

Limo Tour of NYC 1 pm (pick up in midtown south of central park)

Empire State Building

Broadway show 8 pm? or sports event 7/8 pm?

Times Square at Night

Friday -

South street Seaport

Visit neighborhoods? - Greenwich Village/East village/Soho shopping?

Grand Central Station

Brooklyn bridge sunset walk?

pizza/ice cream

Saturday -

Brunch?

Central Park

Rockefeller Center/Top of the Rock sunrise/sunset?

Circle Line water tour? 1 or 4 pm

Good dinner?

Sunday -

Brunch

Museums 10-5

Fifth Avenue walk shops

Monday-

breakfast

head to JFK at 1030 am

Any advice on what to see and where to eat. Cheap to mid-affordable recommendations for food. Might try to splurge one night.

Thank you!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,302 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York City Trip 4/18-22

The first thing I would do is find out what your friends want to do. Then work out what is on your list and what's on theirs. Ask them to do anything that's ON their list but NOT ON your list on the Wednesdays before and after you arrive. Will save (1) doubling up for them (2) missing out for them and (3) you doing things you don't want to do.

Locals will tell that Sunday Brunch won't begin till noon so do a Museum in the morning and a long chatty lunch with your friends for the afternoon. Perhaps somewhere on the UWS so you could go for a walk in Riverside Park afterwards.

Can the Limo pick you up Downtown? Seems like heading up to Central Park to catch the limo is a bit of a waste of time.

A boat trip is a lovely idea. We loved the Circle Line Ferry (we took the 3 hour tour that circumnavigates Manhattan).

2. Re: New York City Trip 4/18-22

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 08, 2014