We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FOA Poppa - engagement ring from Peter Germano - perfect!

Higham Ferrers...
2 posts
Save Topic
FOA Poppa - engagement ring from Peter Germano - perfect!

Hi Poppa

I'm normally a lurker on here so have seen your many recommendations for Peter Germano. Whilst in NYC this week my boyfriend proposed to me and then took me shopping for a ring. Being totally overwhelmed (and a little scared) by our walk though the Diamond District I decided to contact Peter based on your advice. I called them at 10am in the morning and although they were pretty much booed up with appointments that day they managed to squeeze us in at 11:30am. We dealt with Peter's assistant Billy who was great, he explained everything to us and was very patient with my indecisiveness!! When I had decided the stone and setting I wanted Billy arranged for it to be made that day so we could pick it up from them at 5:30pm in time for leaving for the airport shortly after. I must admit I was slightly worried about not seeing the ring in its finished state (as it had to be made) before going ahead with it but when we went back to collect it it was just perfect, even better and even shinier than I had hoped!

I cannot recommend Peter and Billy enough and if it wasn't for you Poppa I would never have known about Peter's service and I wouldn't have such an amazing ring.

Thank you so much :)

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,148 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FOA Poppa - engagement ring from Peter Germano - perfect!

Poppa hasn't posted on TA in quite some time. In fact, the last time he posted was in August 2012. You may want to PM him. Perhaps he will see it.

Edited: 7:58 pm, April 05, 2013
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,900 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FOA Poppa - engagement ring from Peter Germano - perfect!

But glad to hear you had a good experience. We still recommend Germano despite Poppa's absence.

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: FOA Poppa - engagement ring from Peter Germano - perfect!

We also bought an engagement from Peter Germano while on holiday in NYC. We had never purchased a diamond before and even though doing lots of research prior to our trip we were still not 100% sure on exactly what we could get for our budget. When choosing the diamond Pete allowed us to see a variety of diamonds of different sizes and quality so we could see for ourselves what my girlfriend liked. Once we selected the diamond we then selected the ring, Pete showed us several different designs of platinum and white gold rings for setting the diamond. After choosing the diamond and ring it was made and ready for collection within 48 hours. Since getting back to the UK everybody comments on how stunning and sparkly the ring is. We have had the ring valued and was pleasantly surprised by how much more it would have cost to buy a ring with the same specification here in the UK.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,949 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FOA Poppa - engagement ring from Peter Germano - perfect!

I know how to reach Poppa. I'll make sure he sees this. I am sure he will be pleased.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
138 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FOA Poppa - engagement ring from Peter Germano - perfect!

Hi everybody

Sorry for butting in on this post but we have been thinking of visiting peter,but worried his stuff might be beyond our budget £2000 $3068 and this is at the very high end preferrably not this much...can anybody offer any advise on if we should avoid going dont want to be dissapointed by going and then his stuff being valued at so much more

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,900 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FOA Poppa - engagement ring from Peter Germano - perfect!

Contact him and ask. I think he can accommodate most budgets.

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: FOA Poppa - engagement ring from Peter Germano - perfect!

Hi - based on these reviews, we also went to Peter Germano when recently holidaying in New York. Other than the recommendations here, we didn't have a lot of information, but after spending about an hour & a half with Peter, we decided on a beautiful diamond engagement ring. I would definitely recommend Peter to anyone else travelling to New York, looking for a ring.

8. Re: FOA Poppa - engagement ring from Peter Germano - perfect!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:52 am, August 04, 2013
9. Re: FOA Poppa - engagement ring from Peter Germano - perfect!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 pm, July 29, 2013
Carlingford, Louth...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: FOA Poppa - engagement ring from Peter Germano - perfect!

I had a very similar experience to the first post here, as I went with my fiancé (as of the previous day) to Pete with a very short window (a Friday afternoon...) in which to get the ring. Despite the timescales, Pete took plenty of time with us to look through a huge array of diamonds, until we found the right one. He then arranged for it to be made up right at the end of the day, and stayed late so we could pick it up at 6pm. The ring gets great comments, and my fiancé is delighted with the end result. Pete couldn't have been any more helpful and accommodating, I cannot but echo the comments of others on this forum.