We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Yankees Game to Attend?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which Yankees Game to Attend?

We are in NY beginning 20th Sept. Husband and children would like to attend a Yankees game. Coming from NZ we don't follow it at all although DD does play Softball in summer and they are all crazy sports fans and love a good game of anything.

Options are Sun1.05pm Vs San Francisco Giants or Tue or Wed 7.05pm Vs Tampa Bay Rays.

Which game would be most recommended? How long does it take? What time would we be getting back to midtown after a 7.05pm game?

Do may people go to midweek games or would the Sat game have a better atmospehere?

Thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Yankees Game to Attend?

IMHO~ The Sunday Game (1:05 pm) would be a better option for your children....The average Yankees/Major league baseball game is approx. 3 hours. Good Luck & Enjoy the Game! Let's Go Yankees!

DC
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Yankees Game to Attend?

Both opponents are good teams and are likely to be vying for post-season playoffs. The Rays are in the same division as the Yankees, so there's more of a potential rivalry there. Once upon a time, the Giants were the NY Giants, but that was a long time ago. From my perspective, there's not much difference.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Yankees Game to Attend?

wow 3 hours I think that answers my question. with the time difference we might struggle going to bed that late.

Thanks

Long Island
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Yankees Game to Attend?

Something to consider: what else are you planning on doing that day? If you see the day game on Sunday, it's right in the middle of the day - so, you'd be limited as to what to do and you may be kind of tired after sitting out in the sun all day.

If you see the midweek night game, you get to do whatever you want all day, then head to the game at the end of the day and relax. Also, you don't have to stay for the entire game if you get tired out. I often will go see a game when out of town during the baseball season, and I always try to see the night game for this very reason.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Yankees Game to Attend?

I agree that is the downside of the middle of the day game. We would only have a couple of hours in the morning to see something and it will take up the best part of the day.

In the middle of putting a possible itinerary together so I will see how it fits in.

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
397 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Yankees Game to Attend?

Can anyone tell me why there is a break in games between september 8th and 20th?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Yankees Game to Attend?

They seem to be playing away games in that time

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Yankees Game to Attend?

The mets are playing in NYC on a number of occasions between 8th and 20th sep whilst the Yankees are on the road

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
397 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Yankees Game to Attend?

ok, ill check that out, thanks very much

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
397 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Yankees Game to Attend?

I'm sure this will sound really lame, but is it safe getting out to Flushing at night on the Subway and back?Expecially if we decided to leave before the game finished?

Thanks