We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avenue Q or what??

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
113 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Avenue Q or what??

I am looking for suggestions on shows for our family to see in December, kids ages are 19,17 &15. I think they would love Avenue Q but not sure still running in Dec? The Book Of Morman also sounds great but would love to have some other suggestions. Thanks.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,117 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Avenue Q or what??

I haven't heard any news of Avenue Q closing. If you want to see Book of Mormon, buy tickets NOW. It sells out months in advance. No discounts for BoM.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,117 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Avenue Q or what??

Oh, and there will likely be new stuff open by then. Unless you want to see Book of Mormon, you're early to make a decision.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
113 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avenue Q or what??

Thanks , I may have mistakenly assumed Avenue Q was ending before then as their ticket calendar only seemed to go as far as September. Do they only release tickets so far in advance? Am happy to wait but also don't want to moss out on BoM if that is what we end up choosing. Maybe I have been looking at the wrong site for Avenue Q tickets ?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avenue Q or what??

Personally, I wouldn't want to to watch Book of Mormon with my family if I was 15. There were points in the show that I was glad I was not seated with my mother who was in the orchestra and I'm 24. Furthermore, I found Avenue Q to be a better show in general. I'm not sure if I overexcited myself on BoM... but I didn't find it worth the hype.

Edited: 12:29 am, March 25, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,117 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Avenue Q or what??

Most shows don't sell tickets that far in advance.

6. Re: Avenue Q or what??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 27, 2014