We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

Europe
Level Contributor
21 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

Hello,

I haven't found a single review for Holiday Inn NYC - LOWER EAST SIDE at 150 Delancey Street. Perhaps it has just opened. However, there's quite good a deal for our dates so I thought to ask if anyone has any information regarding the hotel. We're a family of three, traveling to NYC for the second time.

Thank you in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

According to the linked article, it is not yet open.

See thelodownny.com/leslog/2013/03/delancey-holi…

Europe
Level Contributor
21 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

That explains the lack of reviews, then. We'll be arriving when it opens, though. Any thoughts on the neighborhood?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,033 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

Just know that opening dates get pushed back frequently so if you're visiting close to their opening date, it might not be the best idea. Otherwise, it's a great area for restaurants.

thelodownny.com/leslog/2012/11/lower-east-si…

Close to 2 subway stations

http://goo.gl/maps/eek1N

Delancey St. can be noisy as it's a main thoroughfare and it may not be the "prettiest" area but it's certainly an interesting one.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

I was just walking along the street using Google street view and the only thing you may not like is the busy road out front.

As for the opening, I agree that they may not open in time. I would contact the hotel to see what they would do in the event you book and the opening is postponed.

I had the same situation when I booked at a new hotel that did not open on time. They transferred me to the hotel next door, which was a better grade of hotel.

I'd give it a go.

Europe
Level Contributor
21 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

Thanks, guys. I appreciate all the warnings and suggestions.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

Hello,

I recently stayed at the hotel. The hotel opened 2 days ago. It is a fabulous hotel

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

i recently stayed at the hotel for one night. The hotel opened 3 days ago. It is a fabulous hotel and they have great deals at the moment. Obviously, those deals won't last for a NYC hotel. Book your great deal now, while you can.

Winnipeg, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

I searched this hotel on Expedia.ca last night, save 40% and I called Expedia to book my trip to NY around May 18. The website was showing a great deal, however, my booking had not been done after the representative entered my Master card and proceed final check-out. He advised me it seemed there was no room available and sorry about taking my time! I still keep my eyes on this hotel today on Expedia website, the offer price is going down, down, and down... That's weird! I feel like this hotel information seem mysterious!!! Please be careful...

Edited: 5:44 pm, March 22, 2013
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,033 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

Why do you need to phone????? Book it online. It's showing as available on hotels.com and maybe elsewhere.

Winnipeg, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

I booked online another hotel + flight package a day ago before I saw Holiday Inn NYC promotion. That's why I needed to call Expedia kindly to help me to book Holiday Inn NYC before we cancelled the old one, however, it hadn't been done as I said above. I think the hotel tried to attract people... Right now, if we click on this hotel when we book a package (flight + hotel) May 18-22, they only show the amount in total, not like other hotels showing their price details clearly. It's what I have learnt... I am okay now with my old booking, leave Holiday Inn NYC completely because I don't feel safe while booing this hotel...

Edited: 11:02 am, March 23, 2013