We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York Itinerary

Raleigh, North...
1 post
Save Topic
New York Itinerary

I plan to visit New York for the first time during Easter weekend with my 10 year old daughter. We would like to visit the American Girl store, Empire State Building, Central Park and 9/11 Memorial. We wanted to visit the Statue of Liberty, but found that it will not be reopened until July. We also plan to see Wicked. Do you have any ideas for our itinerary or restaurant suggestions?

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
194 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York Itinerary

I think you'll find these very helpful:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?q=Travel+ideas+with+young+daughters&scope=2&sub-search=Search&ff=5&geo=60763&returnTo=__2F__

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-s401/New-York-…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,108 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New York Itinerary

You need to reserve your tickets (even though they are free) for the 9/11 Memorial.

Your itinerary is very light; just do the outdoor things when the weather is good so you don't miss out - Central Park, Empire State Building (for view, you would want it to be clear out)

What kinds of things does your daughter like?

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York Itinerary

I would book Wicked now.

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
286 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York Itinerary

You might enjoy a cruise to take you close to the Statue of Liberty. That's something we really enjoyed on our fist trip to NYC. We did the 2 hour half- island cruise I think it was. I'd also go ahead and book tickets for Wicked if your daughter has her heart set on seeing it. I'm not sure what you're looking for as far as restaurants, but we enjoyed The Meatball Shop (good & cheap), Minetta Tavern (not so cheap & you definitely need to make a reservation), and Becco. I don't think a lot of locals like Becco, but our food was delicious & the service was spot on! We picked that for a 6 p.m. dinner since our show was at 8 and we could easily walk to the theater after dinner.

5. Re: New York Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 22, 2014