We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK how to get to post office?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
JFK how to get to post office?

I'm flying home from overseas through JFK tomorrow and want to mail books (cheap media mail) home rather than spend $ for extra luggage. I know there is a post office but the web says it's off site. Do you know if I can walk there? I'm betting a taxi driver would laugh if I asked him to take me there. They want the long trips. Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
105,237 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: JFK how to get to post office?

Why not put them in the mail BEFORE you get to the airport?

DC
Level Contributor
2,464 posts
1 review
2. Re: JFK how to get to post office?

1. The cab driver wouldn't laugh; he'd shout an obscenity and kick you out of the cab.

2. How do you plan to get back to the airport?

3. Solve both problems by making a deal with the driver so that he waits for you at the post office and returns you to the airport in exchange for a very nice tip.

3. Re: JFK how to get to post office?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 22, 2014